THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Title 32), Position Description Number D1201000 and is part of the AL CSMS 1, National Guard.
LOCATION: CSMS #1, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MSG T. CALLOWAY
This position is limited to CSMS #1 employees only.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
(1) Calibrates and repairs TMDE within support capability and authority including various levels of calibration as designated in technical bulletins, manuals, etc. Performs functional electronic, physical, and radioactive testing involving interpretation and analysis of measurement data, in accordance with cyclic inspection requirements.
(2) Sets up system test sets and various types of test equipment such as frequency meters, standing wave ratio meters, radio frequency (RF) power meters, function/ arbitrary waveform generator, distortion analyzers, time frequency work stations, oscillators, voltmeters, electronic counters, oscilloscopes, attenuators, decade resistors and capacitors, signal generators, stroboscope, tachometers, pneumatic and hydraulic pressure standards and other physical and electronic tests.
(3) Following repair, tests by applying signals in known amplitude and wave shape into oscilloscopes to observe wave pattern. Isolates faults by taking measurements and comparisons in voltage, amperage, ohms, henries, power factor, watts, temperature, humidity, microns, foot-pounds, decibels, sensitivity, noise, stability, Voltage Standard Wave Ratio (VSWR), impedance, phase, absolute pressure, time intervals, displacement, flow rate, etc., to determine performance of equipment.
(4) Determines purpose in operation characteristics of each major section. Refers to technical manuals and manufactures specifications to obtain information on operation characteristics of circuit components such as integrated circuits, microprocessors, decoders, latching networks, notch filters, logics, controllers, programmable gain amplifiers, digital displays, transistors, tubes, transformers, coils, relays, motors, and similar devices.
(5) Completes necessary Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS), calibration, radiation reports and other records and forms on work completed. Ensures maximum number of weapons systems are operationally ready.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the Specialized Experience listed below: Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates a working knowledge of electronic principles involved in the generation and measurement of such elements as voltage, current, impedance, capacitance, frequency, and inductance. Experience in the use of various precision measurement instruments and standards.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience or training with basic application of operating principles such as the production and utilization of oscillations over a broad range of frequencies; signal and waveform behavior, distortion, and amplification; pulse, trigger, and synchronization techniques; digital/analog processing and data conversion techniques; and a variety of display and indication methods.
Experience in tracing signals and voltage paths, and skilled in the analysis of waveform characteristics such as timing, duration, frequency, and phasing. Originates test set-ups to isolate malfunctions and check performance characteristics of special or unique test panels or mockups. Experience in interpreting and applying a variety of technical electronic information such as schematic symbols, mathematical expressions and formulas, calibration procedures, and other reference materials.
Experience in applying established techniques and methods of repair, testing, alignment, and calibration of equipment, which serves as test equipment or precision measurement standards. Experience in utilizing electronic circuits to measure electronic or electrical quantities to determine the performance characteristics and accuracy of other instruments and equipment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION IS NOT CONSIDERED FOR WAGE GRADE POSITIONS.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency .
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1.Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2.Other supporting documents: SF-50s and DD 214s are recommended, but not required.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
This job originated on . For the full announcement and to apply, visit . Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at will be considered.
Army National Guard Units