Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Tehachapi , CA 93561
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Company and the Role:
Join our Client in this exciting role as Electrical Supervisor, Tehachapi
Responsible for managing day-to-day activities of the Electrical & Instrument department for the Cement Plant.The Electrical Supervisor will report directly to the Electrical Engineering Manager.
This opportunity is perfect for the heavy industrial professional who is looking to grow their career with an industry leader. You will have the opportunity to focus on leadership of a tenured and technically knowledgeable team as you begin your career with a proven leader in the cement and construction materials industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Veteran / DisabledWhat youll get to do:
Who we are looking for:
- Supervise the work as arranged through the Maintenance Planner to maintain equipment to meet production requirements and minimize downtime.
- Oversee the work performed by the electrical maintenance crews and outside contractors to ensure completion in a timely and quality manner.
- Ensure the proper functioning of all electrical and Instrumentationcontrol systems on a daily basis
- Participate in the implementation of investment projects. Provides input into the design and implementation of automation engineering projects to ensure the tasks are able to be accomplished in a quality, cost-effective, and timely manner in order to meet specific plant needs
- Direct electricians and instrumentation techs in the installation of electrical and control equipment and troubleshooting of electrical and control problems to enable continuous plant operability
- Schedule, assign, plan and monitor the work of electrical/instrument shop personnel to ensure completion of the tasks in a timely and quality manner
- Prepare material and labor estimates to develop project cost estimates and plant budgets
- Maintain time, work order, material, equipment and other electrical shop records and submit reports to plant management to contribute to the continual evaluation of operational efficiency and costs
- Ensure budgeting guidelines are met
- Troubleshoot and diagnose plant system problems to provide resolutions and minimize downtime
- Participate in the resolution of grievances and administer the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Utilize motivational and performance management skills to maintain optimal working relationships to achieve productivity and efficiency goals.
- Ensure the application of the plants rules of conduct and health & safety protocols during maintenance procedures to minimize injuries and lost time incidents. Lead effective safety meetings
- Provide ongoing electrical support for all shifts by participating in the plants on-call program
- Responsible for maintaining the Electrical/Instrument departments tools and equipment
- Significant electrical repair and maintenance experience including supervisory responsibilies
- Completion of a four year federally approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance preferred
Equivalent combination of relevant experience, training and/or education
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the electrical trade
- Strong understanding of applicable electrical codes, standards and regulations
- Knowledge of electrical applications for high and low voltage electrical systems
- Demonstrated skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components
- Prior experience estimating time and material requirements of assigned work projects
- Prior experience working in a unionized environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word, Access, and Project
- Good working knowledge of SAP, and Kronos
- Fluent with NEC, NFPA, ISA, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, problem solving, and decision making
- MSHA knowledge preferred.
- Experience with NESHAP and air emission regulation