VIEW JOBS12/1/2020 7:37:24 PM2021-03-01T19:37<p><strong>Typical Projects and Clients</strong></p>
<li>Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling as support for floodplain analyses and for design of conveyance and detention infrastructure. Clients include cities, drainage utilities, airports, economic development entities, private developers and TxDOT.</li>
<li>Preparing plans and specifications; providing bid support and project administration for drainage infrastructure projects.</li>
<li>Drainage Master Planning for cities and for public and private developments.</li>
<li>LOMR and CLOMR applications.</li>
<li>Floodplain and stormwater quality management assistance for cities, including FEMA, CRS and TPDES program assistance.</li>
<li>Sediment transport in conjunction with our other projects.</li>
<li>Permitting related to our projects.</li>
<li>Our expertise includes playa lakes and draws in the Texas and New Mexico plains as well as high velocity flows in mountainous areas near El Paso.</li>
<li>Bachelor&#39;s degree in Engineering required.</li>
<li>Professional engineer registration in Texas or ability to acquire through reciprocity. New Mexico registration a plus.</li>
<li>Minimum of 5 years&#39; of experience in the types of projects listed above.</li>
<li>Additional desirable experience would include expertise in dams, stream restoration, stormwater BMP design, or other water resources skills.</li>
<li>Experience with regulatory programs such as FEMA NFIP, US ACE, NPDES/TPDES</li>
<li>1D and 2D modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS 5.0, FLO-2D, SWMM, ICPR4</li>
<li>Software including AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS.</li>
<li>Project management experience preferred.</li>
<p><strong>Influence.</strong>&nbsp;Must be able to communicate clearly so that others without your specific training can understand your plans, proposals, specifications, findings, and other documents.</p>
<p><strong>Vision.</strong>&nbsp;Be able to foresee how proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workforce and equipment as well as the environment.</p>
<p><strong>Collaboration.</strong>&nbsp;Be able to work with others toward a common goal. Must be able to work with other engineering disciplines and scientists who design other systems and with the technicians and mechanics who put the designs into practice.</p>
<p><strong>Innovation.</strong>&nbsp;Must strive to solve several issues at once, from design to workforce safety to environmental protection. Must be able to identify and anticipate problems in order to prevent project losses, safeguard workforce health, and mitigate environmental damage.</p>
<p><strong>Insight.</strong>&nbsp;You will often work with business experts such as lawyers and other professionals outside of your field. You will be required to read and comprehend documents with topics outside your scope of training.</p>
VIEW JOBS12/1/2020 4:40:46 PM2021-03-01T16:40<p><strong>Seeking an Electrical Professional Engineer or EIT/EI with at least 5 years of experience with a desire to specialize in Water Resources.</strong></p>
<li><strong>Strong writing skills for preparation of Engineering Reports, Technical Papers and proposals</strong></li>
<li><strong>Ability to apply technical skills to routine projects</strong></li>
<li><strong>Ability to work in teams and communicate well with others</strong></li>
<li><strong>Desire to learn new things and diligence to execute</strong></li>
<li>Desire to take pride in, and ownership for one&#39;s own work</li>
<li>Ability to manage one&#39;s time well</li>
<p>&nbsp;Typical tasks to be performed include:</p>
<li>Coordination with Electric Utility companies</li>
<li>Coordination with design leads and project managers for scheduling project deliverables</li>
<li>Coordination with electrical equipment vendors for quotes, sizing information, and wiring schematics</li>
<li>Collecting and analyzing project data associated with&nbsp;water resources&nbsp;projects&nbsp;</li>
<li>Performing arc flash, short circuit, grounding, and voltage drop calculations for incorporation into plans</li>
<li>Performing light level calculations</li>
<li>Programming feeder and motor protection electronic relays</li>
<li>Basic design of pump stations, lift stations, well field facilities, water and wastewater treatment plants</li>
<li>Development of plans and details</li>
<li>Editing and updating specifications</li>
<li>Assist with preparation of Opinions of Probable Costs (OPC)</li>
<li>Assist with Fee proposals and Scope of Work development</li>
<li>Construction submittal reviews</li>
<li>Respond to Requests for Information from construction contractors</li>
<li>Exhibit a high standard of quality and accuracy</li>
<li>Visiting construction sites to observe progress and conformance to plans and specifications</li>
<li><strong>Bachelor of Science in&nbsp;Electrical Engineering required</strong></li>
<li><strong>Professional Engineer in Texas or eligible to get through reciprocity or and EIT/EI with at least 5 years of experience in the industry</strong></li>
<li><strong>Ability to use AutoCAD software, SKM software&nbsp;</strong></li>
<li>Previous&nbsp;design experience in the following&nbsp;is desirable:&nbsp;
<li>Low voltage power distribution</li>
<li>Medium voltage power distribution</li>
<li>Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)</li>
VIEW JOBS10/12/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-01-10T00:00Summary
Performs para-professional engineering office and field work under direct supervision.
* Prepare technical drawings for new overhead and underground facilities;
* Perform field work including surveying, staking, inspection, and coordination;
* Prepare procurement packages including material lists, material specifications, bid evaluation documents. etc.;
* Prepare cost estimates for all jobs;
* Interact with customers contractors, consultants, developers and other departments to answer questions, resolve conflicts, develop design solutions for projects;
* Supervise and assist in updating the City's maps and records regarding all improvements of new constructions of facilities;
* Analyze customer needs and perform calculations to determine required sizes, models, types, and capacities of various electrical equipment and components;
* Monitor, forecast, and procure materials and equipment;
* Respond to emergency call-out during system restoration;
* Respond to citizen inquiries and complaints regarding projects;
* Perform related duties as required.
The position requires the completion of associates degree in electrical engineering or closely related field. Two to four years of technical engineering experience in utility design; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Valid Current Driver's License
Physical Exam Required
Knowledge and Abilities
* Basic principles and practices of electrical power distribution utility construction practices;
* Engineering related computer programs;
* Basic mathematics.
* Ability to work under pressure;
* Effectively operate a computer and use Microsoft suite products;
* Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written;
* Effectively deal with peers, public and other departments;
* Perform calculations for sizing electrical equipment and materials;
* Use AutoCAD, Microstation, and GIS software to prepare design documents;
* Operate Trimble GPS equipment and laptop computer;
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Frequently stand and walk during the shift.
* Occasionally climb stairs, ladders, and inclined surfaces.
* Frequently bend and kneel during the shift.
* Frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
* Occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Frequently push and pull objects.
* Frequently flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially at the knees.
* Frequently rotate upper trunk to the right or left while sitting or standing.
* Place arms above, at, or below shoulder height.
* Coordinate eye, hand, and foot movement in order to operate a vehicle.
City Of LubbockLubbockTX
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.