Electrical Maintenance Technician
Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
Kankakee , IL 60901
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Kankakee, Illinois Plant of Armstrong Flooring has been a mainstay of the Kankakee community since 1947. Presently we are seeking a highly qualified applicants for our Electrical Maintenance Technician position. The Electrical Maintenance Technician provides day-to-day electronic and electrical support for the Kankakee tile manufacturing facility. The role of this position is to be a technical resource for solving maintenance reliability issues and performing preventative maintenance and equipment repairs and installations as required. Available positions will be on the Afternoon (2:15 pm to 10:30 pm) or Night (10:15 pm to 6:30 am) shifts. Currently there are no day shift positions available.
Location: 1401 N. Hobbie Avenue, Kankakee, IL 60901
Electrical Maintenance Technician Salary: $25.00/hr.
How youll contribute to the team:
- Employee safety is the #1 priority at Armstrong Flooring. In this role, it's crucial to follow and support all safety policies and regulations including the use of proper PPE. Familiar with arc flash regulations and proper protection.
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of industrial units and systems
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, or other specifications to determine installation procedures
- Repair or adjust equipment, machines, or defective components, replacing worn parts, such as gaskets or seals in watertight electrical equipment
- Program and troubleshoot PLC's
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests
- Inspect components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation or for defects, such as loose connections or frayed wires
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems
- Calibrate testing instruments and install or repair equipment to prescribed specifications
- Investigate downtime events by reviewing work orders and discussing with production operators and supervisors to determine what factors contributed to the events and downtime
- Set up and test industrial equipment to ensure that it functions properly
- Operate equipment with the support of production operators to demonstrate proper use or to analyze malfunctions.
- Coordinate efforts with outside contractors or other Armstrong personnel involved in installing or maintaining equipment or components
- Consult with customers, supervisors, or engineers to plan layout of equipment or to resolve problems in system operation or maintenance
- Maintain inventory of spare parts
- Develop or modify industrial electronic devices, circuits, or equipment, according to available specifications.
- Repair defective equipment whenever possible or arrange to have the defective unit(s) returned to the manufacturer or to a specialized repair shop for repair
- Determine feasibility of using standardized equipment or develop specifications for equipment required to perform additional functions
- Advise management regarding customer satisfaction, equipment performance, or suggestions for equipment improvements
What you'll bring to the table:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED, Trade School, Military experience. An Associates or Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is a plus
- 1+ years of electrician experience within an Manufacturing and/or Military environment
- Thorough understanding of basic electrical theory, and good mechanical understanding and ability
- Experience and/or training in industrial electrical maintenance and practices
- AC motors, motor controls, and AC/DC motor drive and controls understanding
- Understanding of power distribution and transformers including high voltage and 24V DC, 120V single phase and 480V 3-phase circuits
- Advanced automation equipment background and skills
- PLC experience (S7 and AB preferred), PC, Network, HMI programming experience is a plus.
- RSlogix5, RSlogix500, RSlogix 5000, and RSNetwork experience is a plus
- Understands basic ladder logic and can troubleshoot based on prints
Youll see it in the vibrant colors of your school hallway, doctors and nurses will walk it while caring for your loved ones, your family will gather on it while creating everlasting memories. We are North Americas #1 producer of resilient flooring products and our mission is to inspire great spaces.
Thats us. Thats Armstrong Flooring.
Community & Philanthropy: We have a heritage of investing millions of dollars in programs that enhance the neighborhoods where we live and work. Additionally, were proud that our employees regularly and willingly give of their time and talents to support the efforts of local organizations
Sustainability: Armstrong Flooring has a long-standing reputation for sustainable innovation, starting with using cork waste to make linoleum floors over 150 years ago. We continue to develop products that have lower environmental footprints, and in some cases, reduce the environmental footprints of the buildings where they are installed.
At Armstrong Flooring, every employee has a development plan and discussions around career growth. We have many employees with diverse backgrounds and career paths. We offer the following opportunities which promote a growth culture:
- On-the-Job training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Instructor-led & online courses
- Job shadowing
- Cross-functional team projects
- Choice of competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans - effective Day 1 of employment
- Prescription plan with mail-order options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation with graduated schedule & option to purchase more
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company celebrations & department gatherings
- Recognition program
- Service awards
- Casual work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets