Our client is a Engineering Design and Commissioning Company that is a regional leader in the Northeast. They provide design, commissioning consulting and management expertise in Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities Space with the mindset to provide reliability, energy efficiency, sustainable design and LEED expertise when providing these consulting services. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. Electrical Engineer- NYC Data Center Critical Facility Experience a Huge Plus Responsibilities:
Create designs and plans, provided and gather specifications, and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary electrical engineering design role for small to medium sized data center facility design projects.
Create Conceptual Designs gathered from meetings with the client for Field Engineer focus
Production Engineering also available if field work is not your thing
Work with Management to respond to RFPs.
Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field.
Represent the company in project meetings as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Licensed PE a Plus
LEED AP a plus
Revit experience a Plus
Experience with Electrical Systems such as UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), Generators, Switchgears, and Batteries a MUST
Experience working on complex facilities design or for Data Centers Mission Critical projects a Must
Ability to successfully work independently
Self Starter, self motivated, and should prioritize well.
Submittal Instructions: Please send any interests or resumes:firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with11720528in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for lets still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential butpay for referralsas well. Company offers competitive salaries plus benefits EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
VIEW JOBS1/12/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-12T00:00For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth and the potential to collaborate with local and national teams. The candidate will have a broad range of responsibilities, which include supervising and mentoring junior and midlevel electrical and Instrumentation and Control (I&C) staff, interact with clients, manage electrical and I&C related projects, and participate in new business development. In this role, your design delivery responsibilities will include power system coordination modeling, conceptual design development, layout and selection of equipment, development of contract drawings using 2D and 3D design approaches, bid package preparation, field investigations, electrical and I&C design, and support during construction both in the office and the field. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for building things, meeting new people, and desire to work with seasoned professionals who perform industrial and municipal electrical, and other water/wastewater work. Primary responsibilities include:
* Serve as a project task manager, or perform as lead discipline (electrical and I&C) person on projects as appropriate
* Scope and budget projects, identify method of project execution and coordinate staff assignments
* Successfully manage and execute electrical designs to be on time and on budget using company systems and tools
* Support business opportunities and assist in sales and marketing efforts (proposal preparation, interviewing, scope, fee, etc.)
* Mentor and supervise other electrical and I&C engineers and designers
* Perform contractor construction submittal reviews and request for information documents and general electrical design activities for plant and pump station power systems
* Producing effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical memorandums
* Collaborate with a national team of technical experts in the Electrical and I&C group
* BS in Electrical Engineering
* Professional registration or the ability to obtain it within 1 year
* Minimum of 8 years' experience as an Electrical Engineer working for government, municipal, and/or industrial water and wastewater industries
* Experience in industrial power systems design, service entrance, feeder and branch circuits, lighting, emergency power and power distribution equipment
* Solid knowledge in the application of the National Electrical Code
* Solid knowledge and understanding of electrical safety systems, NFPA 70E
* Effective oral and written communication
* Able to multi-task, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and work independently with a willingness to learn
* Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight and pressured deadlines
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We're growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer a defined Progression Path advancement program; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentations as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please visit our Web site at (insert weblink to the external BC Job Site job posting here; i.e. the actual requisition) to apply online and for additional career opportunities. We value workforce diversity. EOE/AA
Brown And CaldwellNew York CityNY
VIEW JOBS12/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-16T00:00The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
* Design full electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm and signaling systems
* Design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
* Prepare load analysis for different stages of design
* Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
* Prepare basis of design report for the project
* Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
* Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
* Manage work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
* Lead meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
* Manage quality of work, and interface with clients
* Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is required, Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
* Professional Engineer licensure is preferred
* 3 years working for a MEP firm required
* Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD
* Knowledge of NFPA Standards is required
* Working knowledge of other building systems (e.g. door finish hardware, IT building communications, lighting controls and BAS networks) as these relate electrical systems is required
* This individual must be able to work within a multidisciplinary design team and is able to work in a fast-paced environment
* 3 years' experience working on data center, power, VPS systems, generator systems and medium voltage distribution projects preferred
* LEED AP preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs EngineeringNew YorkNY
VIEW JOBS11/20/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-18T00:00Position Title: Engineer
Grade/Classification: 6 (D1) - Sr. Professional
Bargaining Unit: CSEA Local 698
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $86,386 - 108,403
* This position rates an annual location differential of $5,054*
The Engineer manages the design process and administers professional services contracts for consultants providing design services to the Authority and conducts formal reviews of consultant prepared design documents throughout all phases of building design. Performs periodic quality assurance construction site visits, and provides technical support on an as needed basis throughout all phases of the project.
* Manages the project development during the pre-design and design phases of the project, including meeting with clients and consultants and providing assistance, and managing all aspects of consultant contracts including review and approval of consultant requests for payment, amendments, extensions of schedule and contract closeout.
* Perform periodic site visits to projects under construction and monitor the quality of design and construction work performed by architects, engineers, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
* Monitor construction activities including the review and approval of construction change orders and performance of interim and final project inspections on large and complex projects
* Review highly technical designs, plans, specifications, addenda and change orders.
* Review highly technical architectural/engineering reports and studies.
* Review highly technical commissioning reports.
* Prepare commissioning scopes of work.
* Review commissioning payments.
* Provide technical assistance and recommendations to unit staff, Project Management staff and client representatives.
* Coordinate with Project Management to resolve project and/or program issues.
* Perform independent, in-depth investigations of specific problems including architectural/engineering analysis and recommendations.
* Consult with regulatory agencies regarding interpretations and applications.
* Meet with consultants to review and assist them in their submissions.
* Assist in the development, compilation and distribution of technical data.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist in the design, development, and/or testing of computerized systems/applications.
* Assist in the preparation of internal design work and modifications, sealing documents as required.
* Assist Management in the development of policies.
* Develop, document and implement procedures.
* Assess, develop and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
* Undertake special assignments as directed.
* Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
* Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Frequent travel is required travel (three to six days per month on average), using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.) of a construction site. Must be able to work overtime or extended work hours as needed.
Official station is a standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, printer, copier, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, telephone, fax machine, shredder, scanner. Requires the use of field equipment to conduct site visit observations and associated testing.
Bachelors degree plus five years relevant engineering experience. Must be licensed and registered in NYS as a Professional Engineer. Must possess a valid drivers license.
Bachelors degree in Engineering plus five or more years relevant post-license experience. Must be licensed and registered in NYS as a Professional Engineer. Must possess a valid drivers license. Familiarity with JD Edwards and Primavera Contract Manager. LEED certification.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
* Demonstrated analytical skills.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Proficiency in PC applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
Dormitory Authority Of New YorkNew YorkNY