Electrical Engineer - Medical Product Design
Vandalia , OH 45377
Posted 3 weeks ago
Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce that we are now recruiting for a MedicalProduct Design Engineer for our Vandalia, OH location. In this role you will lead the product design and development effort in areas of printed electronics, sensors and wearables for JMT Medical Devices.
Relocation assistance is provided
- Perform product and process development for existing and new business opportunities
- Design and Develop products to meet product specifications and customer requirements
- Qualify internal and external materials or design to benchmark performance and specification development
- Patent applications/conduct IP research and analysis
- Develop process, test, and analysis method on existing and new products
- Train technicians on lab equipment with regarding to testing and analytical procedures
- Minimum of BS degree (1-3 years experience) or MS (0-5 years experience) in Biomedical, Electrical or other related engineering field
- A desire to be apart of cutting edge medical technology.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Electrical Circuit design, Circuit Schematic preparation, Basic understanding of digital/analog electronics, Medical device- sensors for ECG,RR, EEG etc., Vital signs monitoring- wearable medical devices, Basic understanding of regulations/ design controls/ standards in Medical Device design and Development, working knowledge of BLE/WIFI Medical devices.
- Knowledge of product design - Design controls, Design verification by building prototypes, Design documentation- DHF, test protocols and Verification reports, Risk assessment of Design (DFMEA)
- Experience in analytical, physical, mechanic or electric testing instrumentation
- Software applications : Altium, solidworks, MS Office ( Mandatory-MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access)
- Willingness to work closely with Manufacturing team in a manufacturing environment
- B.S. Degree in Biomedical, Electrical, or other related engineering field
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
Johnson Electric is a global leader in motion products, control systems and flexible interconnects. We serve a broad range of industries including automotive, building automation and security, business machines, defense and aerospace, food and beverage, home technologies, HVAC, industrial equipment, medical devices, personal care, power equipment and power tools.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.