Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Labine & Associates
Wilson , NC 27893
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are hiring an Electrical Engineer for our client in Wilson, North Carolina.
This Elecrical Engineer will be responsible for Electrical expertise in multiple areas of the plant, and for maintaining the plant's high voltage electrical distribution.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage major projects ranging from $100K to $5M, including New Machine Installation and upgrades.
- Lead continuous improvement and corrective activities and projects.
- Ensure that all safety objectives are observed.
- Analyze project requirements, identify and address design parameters, engineering challenges and ensure solutions are implemented accurately, timely and within budget.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project scope for work and safety requirements, BOM and spare parts.
- Work closely with Automation Vendors and manage contractors for installations.
- Provide Engineering drawing development, hardware purchasing and panel build.
- PLC and HMI Programming, Control System Networking & System Integration.
- Machine commissioning, start-up and check-out.
- Maintain the plant's high voltage electrical distribution.
- Oversee project workflow, support internal and external resources to ensure on-time delivery of projects, meeting quality standards and within budget.
- Electrical, software design for automation and safety systems.
- Maintain project scope/schedule and identify project creep.
- Create training documents, Program backup, Network diagrams and Electrical drawings.
- Work with Cross Functional Team for successful Trials & Qualification.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering (no BSEET degrees) with a minimum of 2-3 years experience; 5 year's experience is ideal.
- Strong knowledge of Industrial controls and Electrical systems.
- Critical thinking skills with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and the ability to work in a high output/high volume manufacturing environment.
- A Team Player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment.
- Experience in writing/developing/programming PLCs and controls design.
- Experience with specifying, installing, start-up and operation of A/C inverter drives and D/C drives including Allen-Bradley (PLC 2 and 5, Control Logix), Mitsubishi, Siemens and General Electric.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet IP communications, power distribution equipment including sizing transformers, electrical feeders and distribution gear for equipment loads from 120 up to 13,800 volts.