VIEW JOBS1/22/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-22T00:00<p>This Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the embedded system FPGA related works on the development of precision motion control sub-system and other embedded control sub-systems for Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) system. This job demands a close work together with other engineering teams to conduct a seamless integration of some control sub-systems and the entire SEM mechanical system with all the related firmware implementation, and development of control algorithms based on our system requirements, such as advanced motion controls, vibration isolation, servo and stepper motor controls, nonlinear compensation, auto focus, etc.<br></p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p>Minimum qualification</p><ul> <li>BS/MS/PhD in EE or equivalent, with experience on FPGA and embedded development;</li> <li>Solid skills on embedded firmware development for industrial control sub-systems;</li> <li>Independent working ability; strong initiative, self-motivation and team-working attitude.</li> </ul><p>Preferred qualification</p><ul> <li>Experience on VHDL/Verilog on FPGA, and knowledge of board level circuits design and debug;</li> <li>Experience on embedded development on microprocessor with c programming;</li> <li>Experience on communication development, e.g., UART/SPI/ USB/CAN/ Ethernet.</li> </ul>Hermes-MicrovisionSan JoseCA
VIEW JOBS1/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-15T00:00What You'll Do
We need an expert, self-motivated engineer to provide electrical product engineering support of new and sustaining products. You'll be responsible for product cost and quality from New Product Introduction (NPI) to End of Life (EOL). To do this you will have to collaborate with multi-functional teams such as: design (hardware and mechanical), process, test and reliability engineering to seek out problems and ensure cost avoidance and quality at FCS. For sustaining products, you will focus on cost reduction and design related yield improvements.
High Level Responsibilities:
* Perform New product Engineering / Product sustaining engineering
* Design for Manufacturing
* Value engineering - Engage early with Component Engineering, GSM and Hardware engineering and influence on component selection, process efficiency, and design changes
* BOM structuring and BOM risk Management.
* Design tools proficiency (Valor, schematic, CAD, other CAE tools)
* Design lab experimentation / debug (proficiency continuum) / DOE/EFA
* Assessing CM and supply chain technical capability gaps
* Crafting, analyzing, and releasing product documentation
* Cost avoidance (pre-A0) and sustaining cost reduction
* Technical lifecycle management (defect reduction team participation, new component qualification, etc.)
* Mfg. (Process) FMEA review
* Design FMEA engagement and review
* Design diagnostic analysis and input / influence
* Debug and board bring up
* Leadership and direction of complex issue resolution
Who You'll Work With
You will work with Security Product Operations team, HW Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, CM partners, GSM, and central product operations teams.
Who You Are
You have a successful track record of relationship building and the ability to effectively influence peers and management with your strong communication skills; and strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills which gives you an edge to build an impact. All of this, combined with a strong sense of ownership and integrity make you a phenomenal fit for this role. Furthermore, you will also help drive new initiatives, outside of the core EPE responsibilities, to help fellow EPEs work more expertly and rapidly.
The minimum requirements for this role:
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent plus 3-6 years related experience
* Understanding of system hardware architectures, design concepts and engineering development practices. Using various diagnostic tools, debug and trouble-shoot failing system down to board level and also boards down to component level. Characterize timing interface using scope, logic analyzers, TDR and various other equipment. Test, debug and bring-up proto boards
* Experiences with Allegro, Valor and other manufacturing tools used in the job
* Deep understanding of PCB fabrication process and technology.
* Deep understanding of the end-to-end process for Printed Circuit Board Assembly.
* Knowledge and experience with the entire product development process.
* Confirmed ability to work in a team setting and multi-task.
* Good written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Familiarity with Agile, specifically SCRUM and KANBAN are a plus
* Experience in HW design, AGILE PDM, and project management are a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Intelligent Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, all applicants who meet qualifications with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Systems, Inc.San JoseCA
VIEW JOBS1/14/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-14T00:00<p>Join the development of all the circuits in both board level and IC level, and sub-system in HMI e-beam wafer inspection tools. The position is focused on analog and mixed signal circuit design and circuit simulation in both board level and IC level, print circuit board (PCB) layout, PCB prototyping, tuning and debugging, ASIC tapeout, pilot production, and technical document writing. The position may be involved in but not limited to the design works listed as follows.</p><p><br></p><ol> <li>Ultra low noise high efficient power supplies: voltage and current source</li> <li>Low noise high voltage power supply</li> <li>Low noise high voltage amplifier</li> <li>Ultra low noise high gain wideband amplifier</li> <li>Variable gain amplifier</li> <li>ADC and DAC application</li> <li>Grounding and shielding design at both PCB level and module level</li> <li>Signal integrity and power integrity design at both PCB level and module level</li> <li>Analog and mixed signal ASIC design and tapeout</li> <li>Analog and mixed signal ASIC PCB level integration</li> </ol><p> <br></p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p>Ph.D with 2+ years of hands-on experiences, or master with 5+ years hands-on experiences, or bachelor with 8+ years hands-on experiences, in electrical engineering or related fields. Hands-on experiences of schematic capture, schematic level simulation, PCB layout, PCB level simulation, prototyping, and problem solving. Familiar with test equipments such as multi-meter, SMU, signal / function generator, oscilloscope, signal / spectral analyzer, and network analyzer. The successful candidate should be a team player and should have self motivation, initiative, dedication, and strong communication skills. </p><p><br></p><p>The candidate should also have <strong>at least six</strong> of the following specific skills or experiences.</p><ol> <li>OPA circuit (board level) design and building experiences and / or OPA IC design with tapeout experiences. OPA application experiences</li> <li>High speed voltage comparator IC design with tapeout experiences and / or high speed voltage comparator application experiences.</li> <li>Signal conditioning circuits design and building experiences for test equipments, including but not limit to wide band voltage amplifier, wide band current amplifier, wide band transimpedance amplifier, ADC driver, and cable driver</li> <li>Variable gain amplifier circuit (board level) design and building experiences and / or Variable gain amplifier IC design with tapeout experiences</li> <li>Wide band analog switch (board level) design and building experiences and / or wide band analog switch IC design with tapeout experiences</li> <li>High speed ADC and DAC IC design with tapeout experiences. ADC IC and DAC IC application experiences</li> <li>Class D amplifier circuit design and building experiences</li> <li>Switching mode power supply circuit and / or linear power supply circuit design and building experiences</li> <li>High accuracy voltage or current reference circuit (board level) design and building experiences and / or high accuracy voltage or current reference IC design with tapeout experiences</li> <li>RF circuit (board level) design and building experiences and /or RF IC design with tapeout experiences</li> <li>Mixed signal circuit (board level) design and building experiences and / or mixed signal IC design with tapeout experiences</li> <li>Image sensor IC design and tapeout experiences.</li> <li>Knowledge of device physics for the semiconductor devices such as PIN and APD for charged particle detection; BJT, JFET and MOSFET for both switch mode and linear operation</li> <li>Component test, screen, characterization (including passive and active devices) and model extraction</li> <li>Knowledge and experiences in Board level and module level shielding and grounding; knowledge and experiences in signal integrity and power integrity</li> <li>Thick film circuit design and building experiences</li> <li>Semiconductor device packaging design experiences</li> <li>Thermal design for electronic device and / or module</li> </ol>Hermes-MicrovisionSan JoseCA