Electrical Engineer - Climber Inc.
Basking Ridge , NJ 07920
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Climber has an opening for an accomplished Electrical Engineer to join a small team building an ecosystem of exercise gear for office workers.
We now want to test market prototypes and are looking for a talented electrical engineer to join the founding team.
We are looking for a true engineer:
- lifetime interest in building things
- creative problem solver and innovator
- broad interest in all things tech (hardware, electronics, software, manufacturing)
- passion for finding best-in-class solutions
This is a new full-time position. Outside engineering firms have designed and built current prototypes. We want to bring design and prototype constuction in-house for faster innovation and commercialization.
Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, independant contributor requiring minimal oversight. Candidate must have an eye for quality (user controls, hardware/software reliability and responsiveness) while balancing cost of manufacturing and market demand.
Compensation package is very flexible depending on experience and candidate's potential for senior management role. Strong candidates will be eligible for significant stock options in addition to competitive base comp and benefits. Climber is funded by World.com, a large holding company with multiple operating businesses including Doctor.com and Lawyer.com, partnerships including Scientist.com and Sweet.io, and investments in crypto related assets.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated excellence in studies, standardized tests and competitions.
- Proficient in circuit design software
- Experience with motor design and speed controllers.
- Experience with Arduino and similar microprocessor platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years design experience
- Highly analytical, able to optimize diverse requirements into innovative solutions
- Passion for learning and mastering new skills
- Excel in a fast-moving startup environment
- A strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
- Positive inclusive personality
- Team player interested in supporting junior employees and other departments.
- Interest in business strategy and product management
- U.S. citizen or work permit (we will apply for visas and green card if necessary)
- Experience developing own products
- E-commerce site design
- Supply chain experience - U.S. and China
- Exercise equipment design.
- Quality control and six sigma practices.
- Familiarity with IOT devices, cloud ecosystems.
- Familiarity with WebRTC device communication protocols.
- Complimentary interests (musical instrument, chess, poker, etc.)
- Competitive Base Salary
- Personal performance bonuses
- Company wide bonuses - annual and milestone based
- Significant stock options ($50,000-$100,000)
- Generous vacation policy including up to 8 weeks Long Service Leave
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare insurance
- Health oriented work environment including sit/stand electric desks
- Remote work available after orientation period.
- Fun company events, theme Fridays, summer hours, voted a best place to work in NJ
- Subsidized continuing education, off-site training courses.
- Open management structure encourages communication and feedback