Electrical Controls Designer
Kleen Test Products
Port Washington , WI 53074
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under the direction of the Vice President of Technical Services and Electrical Engineer, the Electrical Controls Designer provides technical support for small to mid scale projects; Typically, development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of new products lines or improvements in existing product lines. The Electrical Controls Designer drives root cause analysis using technical knowledge.
This position is based out of our headquarters in Port Washington, WI, and some travel to our local facilities will be required on a weekly basis.
- Develop electrical control panel drawings and generate bills of material
- Support the build and installation of custom control systems/panels
- Modify electrical designs and layout
- Assist with validation design, execution, and report writing
- Conduct root cause analysis and provide troubleshooting support for machinery
- Provide engineering assistance to improve plant safety
- Research new technology and provide recommendations
- Occasional project management within cost and time constrained environments
- Requires a bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience with control systems
- Prior experience (2-4 years) with PLC programming; familiarity with Rockwell and Allen Bradley systems
- Recent AutoCAD experience required. AutoCAD Electrical experience is preferred
- Must be proficient in the application of AC, DC, and Servo Drives
- Requires strong organizational and time-management skills with good attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
- Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business information, journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Must have strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) as well as experience with Gmail and Google Apps
- Strong project management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills, able to build and support team, and work with multiple levels of KTP personnel