Electrical Construction Project Manager/ Estimator
Cleveland , OH 44128
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are seeking an experienced electrical construction project manager/ estimator to work with our electrical group. Your knowledge will be contributing to some of our largest commercial, healthcare, institutional, and industrial projects. Our team encourages collaboration, initiative and problem solving. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, your negotiating skills and your ability to work through the complexities of projects with customers.
- Meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
- Foster relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, architects etc.).
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties.
- Analyze data and produce job cost forecasts.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.).
- Meet or exceed customers expectations, and leave the project with a better relationship with the client than when the project began.
- Contract negotiation.
- Generation of the working budget upon estimate turnover from the estimator.
- Generation of schedule of values and pay applications.
- Generation of monthly cost to complete reports.
- Purchase and accounting of all materials, tools, equipment, and rentals for the project.
- Generation of all change orders, including updating the budget once change orders are approved.
- Thorough understanding of all project specifications and drawings, including electrical and all other trade disciplines (General trades, HVAC, and Plumbing).
- Quality control review and approval of all electrical shop drawings of materials used for the project to assure all are in compliance with the drawings and specifications.
- Quality control review of the electrical installation to assure drawings and specifications are being followed by the electrical foremen.
- Assure that all ambiguities and inconsistencies are addressed and answered by the architect or engineer in a timely manner so that the work is not suspended or performed out of sequence.
- Assurance that the construction schedule is being met.
- Assurance that the corporate safety guidelines are being followed by all employees.
- Review of the estimate prepared by the estimator to check for errors and omissions.
- Review and understanding of other trades shop drawings and details, such as millwork, casework, furniture, ceiling systems, mechanical equipment, power-operated doors, etc. to make sure the electrical equipment specified will work and coordinate with the other trades materials.
- Coordinate the electrical installation with the construction manager, general contractor, owner, tenant, architect, engineer, and other trades.
- Coordinate electrical inspections with the proper authority having jurisdiction.
- Perform contract closeout with client.
- Estimating of new projects.
Zenith Systems employees are proud to work for a company that is progressive in the industry. The environment is fast paced, but we encourage a work/life balance. Company benefits include industry competitive salaries, low cost medical and vision and 401(k) with matching.