St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees.
The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.Facilitates the development of nurses in the application of the nursing process and delivery of nursing care in all areas of obstetrics. Develops , implements and evaluates education for the obstetrical nurse.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Demonstrates expertise in areas of clinical practice as appropriate.
2.Demonstrates ability in the teaching/learning process to improve clinical practice.
3.Coordinates, schedules and evaluates unit-based orientation for new employees.
4.Assures compliance with orientation policies and procedures.
5.Facilitates staff education.
6.Functions as a leader, role model and mentor.
7.Completes and submits documentation for educational programming. Maintains unit records.
8.Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
9.Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
10. Demonstrates/models the Network's Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
11. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
12. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
13. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
14. Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
15. Participates in the development of policies and procedures.
16. Participates on committees as assigned.
17. Participates in activities that promote professional growth and development.
18. The Educator will be responsible for assuring all staff members have completed the Baby Friendly education within six (6) months of hire.
1.Other related duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse with current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania required.
BSN candidates will be considered; evidence of enrollment in MSN program within 60 days of hire (required). Completion of MSN academic requirements with 4-5 years.
Non-BSN candidates will also be considered; evidence of enrollment in BSN program within 60 days of hire (required). BSN academic requirements must be met in 3-4 years. Completion of MSN academic requirements within 4-5 years of completing BSN.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
At least 3 years of current clinical nursing experience. Specialty training appropriate to the individual unit.
Experience as a preceptor preferred. Works well in a changing environment.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St Luke's University Health Network