Education Intern - Valley Stream NY
Right At School
Valley Stream , NY 11580
Posted 1 week ago
Right At School is growing and wants you to grow with us! As a mission driven company, you will have a direct impact on students, parents, and schools in your community!
As we move into the next chapter of Right At School, we believe having an internship partnership with local colleges to provide internship opportunities for college students to receive career training with pay as they work with professionals in the field of Education will help us reach our goals and aid the communities we serve. As such, we currently seek students who are interested in paid hands-on work experience to join our expanding team!
We will provide you with the best training and development in the afterschool profession! With our innovative online and live training, 99% of employees feel confident and effective just one month into their work. Plus you will have access to our 300+ training modules in our online library and pay increases based on your voluntary development.
The Education Intern will report directly to the Program Manager/Area Manager and will collaborate with their team of Educators.
We never stop raising our own bar, so come learn with us!
As an Education Intern, you will:
- Support in delivering dynamic Right At School curriculum to engage children in academic and social character building that expands school day learning in a meaningful way
- Model positive guidance and effective classroom management to maintain the safety, well-being and attention of all children while supporting homework completion, leading fun fitness activities, and guiding children at play
- Excellent communication skills with varied audience including children, parents, staff and school personnel
- Model positive guidance and effective classroom management to maintain the safety and well-being and attention of all children
- Organize program materials for lessons and activities, as well as document attendance, incidents and other observation
- Meets regularly with the Program Manager/Area Manager regarding professional progress and team accountability
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be in good academic standing within their college
- Enrolled full-time the semester prior to participating in Internship and enrolled full-time the semester after participating in internship if not graduating
- Outstanding customer service and relationship building skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to meet state-specific requirements; Background Clearances, CPR/FA certifications, Mandated Reporter, TB test, etc
- Becomes an official recognition and honor on the students academic transcript.
- Provides months of meaningful experience, making you more valuable to an employer upon graduation.
- Makes academic work more meaningful through practical application of classroom principles
- Creates the proper environment to explore career choices and be professionally exposed to diverse opportunities within a specific field of study before graduation.
- Offers the opportunity to collaborate and network with professionals who have many years of experience in the students major field of study.
- An online and mobile HR platform where you can access your info with easy-to-use tech 24/7
- Your work will have a direct impact on the children, parents and communities we serve.
- We offer a work environment that is diverse, inclusive and welcoming to all.
- We believe in gratitude, recognition and appreciation to our awesome staff.
- Our culture is fun, energetic and ego free.
To Apply please visit our website at www.rightatschool.com/careers
If you have specific questions you can reach out to us via email at email@example.com
Here at Right At School, our commitment to equal opportunity runs deep. We really mean that. In order to achieve our goals, we need to work hard to create a diverse workforce so we can reach as many students, parents, and schools as possible. We embrace the uniqueness in everyone and we encourage each individual to be their true selves. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued here. We do not stand for discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come as you are.