This is a remote position, however candidates in the state of Florida are preferred.
Title: Editorial ManagerSalary:
Reports to (title): Editorial Director
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt
Working Hours: M-F 8:30-6:00, overtime as needed
LOP Solutions, LLC. is seeking a hands-on copy editor who is ready to have access to millions of readers in a fast-growing news publishing business. We have several branded websites with daily content and circulation into the millions. We are expanding and we need your help delivering quality content to our subscriber base.
Here are a just a couple of our properties:
Many of our websites cater to right leaning conservatives with political news. We also have other sites that cater to gun owners and enthusiasts. If these topics offend you, or if you'd have a problem writing and editing engaging content targeted towards these readers this position is probably not for you.
1. Researching and writing content articles with topics ranging from financial, alternative health, firearms, and conservative political news. If you are not interested in writing about these topics then do not apply.
2. Proofreading and grammatical editing required.
3. The ability to work independently while managing a team from home.
4. Manage a team of freelance writers while holding them to crucial deadlines.
5. Find appropriate images to complement and add to articles.
1. Work from 8:30am to 5:30pm from home, Monday through Friday.
2. Requires prolonged computer/keyboard use.
3. Must be able to communicate efficiently via email and phone with other staff members.
4. Must be a self-starter that meets deadlines on a daily basis.
5. Must be proficient using web based applications
6. Knowledge in WriterAccess, Elance, and other freelance writing tools a plus.
7. Experience writing in conservative news, alternative health or financial news is preferred.
8. Must be able to come up with new story ideas on a daily basis, compelling subjects and turning what may be an ordinary news story into an extraordinary news article.
1. This is a remote job, the daily work hours are from 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday through Friday.
2. This position is full-time and your required hours will be 8.30 am to 5.30 pm. There will be a lunch break for one hour to be taken between 12pm 2pm. This is equivalent to a 40 hour working week.
3. Wages are to be paid on a bi-weekly basis.
4. 5 PTO days will be paid leave. This will commence 90 days after the first working day. 11 paid holidays are also provided after 90 days.5. Starting pay is based on experience.
LOP Solutions, Llc.