Editor - Journeyman
Springfield , VA
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Multimedia Editors work with analytic authors and technical and publishing specialists to edit, format, and disseminate various geospatial intelligence reports according to established agency publication policies, the NGA Writers Guide and Style Manual for Geospatial Intelligence Production, and ODNI sourcing standards for GEOINT products.
- The Contractor shall provide a full range of support in the production and dissemination of finished GEOINT products, specifically editing intelligence documents, working with analytic customers (authors) to determine the appropriate reporting mechanism for conveying customers, and managing the production of NGA GEOINT products. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Review, analyze, and correct draft material for clarity, consistency, style, format, logic, and organization, as well as grammar, word usage, spelling, and punctuation.
- Review products dealing with complex analytical intelligence issues and provide guidance to geospatial intelligence analysts and other editors regarding logic, clarity, comprehensiveness, relevance, and brevity.
- Verify classifications provided by analysts or direct them to classification management teams.
- Support the production and dissemination of finished GEOINT products by working with analytic customers (authors) to determine the appropriate reporting mechanism for conveying managing the production of NGA GEOINT products.
- Work closely with analysts, from the early stages of manuscript development through the entire publishing process, (includes final reviews of text, graphics, and other formats for NGA intelligence products) to help them organize and refine analytic content into an effective product.
- Edit documents and manage the production of NGA intelligence analysis cables, NGA Intelligence Briefs, NGA GEOINT Notes, NGA Baselines, briefing materials and visual aids, and other products, as required.
- Work on multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines under fast-paced conditions; must be available to perform duties in a multiple-shift environment, as necessary.
- Perform structural, substantive, and copy edits of analytical manuscripts for organization, completeness, logic, accuracy, and compliance with language, style, formatting.
- Produce, process, and disseminate documents in many hardcopy, softcopy, and web formats and ensure compatibility with a variety of computer systems and telecommunications networks.
- Coordinate and disseminate finished intelligence products as required.
- Provide quality control in accordance with NGA policy and standards for intelligence products.
- Attend regularly scheduled editor and production support meetings and stay current with ongoing production support initiatives.
- Review product metadata for completeness.
- Demonstrate customer service excellence by clearly and concisely communicating work status, methods, instructions, problems, requirements, options, and concerns with team members, managers, and customers within NGA and the Intelligence Community.
- Participate in meetings with customers, team members, Contractors, and others to exchange information, make decisions, and/or provide updates.
- Support the office and other branches in accomplishing the agency's overall mission, including expediting crisis work, special assignments, and ad hoc tasking on variously scheduled arrangements.
- U.S. Citizenship
- 3+ years of relevant professional editing experience
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Willing to take CI/Full scope POLY