Echo Technician PRN
Richmond , VA 23234
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Henrico Doctors Hospital, the Parham Campus, is a 200-bed acute care facility located in Richmond, VA. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's healthincluding high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive careorthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplantsthrough the Virginia Transplant Centerand we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
- Performs accurate analysis of all cardiac anatomy and assimilates appropriate data necessary for interpretation of study and assesses the same for the staff.
- Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Assists the physician as needed during procedures and monitors physiological parameters during procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating and troubleshooting equipment in the Echo Lab.
- Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
- Safely transports Echo machine to patient room to perform Echocardiogram or transports patients to department as necessary.
- Takes call after regular hours.
8.Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
9.Participates actively in continuing education and assists in education of new staff as requested.
- Communicate effectively with Department Leader, Clinical Coordinator, staff members and physicians and serves as a liason to promote interdepartmental relationships.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
- Two Years Echo experience.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Echo/Vascular/Cardiac Sonography. Will have confirmation letter from ARDMS with test date by the first anniversary date of employment.
- Registered Diagnostic Sonographer