EC Instructional Assistant - PT
Union County Public Schools
Monroe , NC 28111
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Highly Qualified Instructional Assistant to work with Exceptional Children's teacher to assist in meeting the needs of students in the Exceptional Children's Program. This is a 29.5 hour a week position with no benefits.
General Performance Responsibilities of Teacher Assistants
- Discuss assigned duties with the classroom teacher in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of the teacher using lectures, discussions, and technology.
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and reinforce learning concepts presented by the teacher.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums.
- Conduct demonstrations to reinforce skills taught by the teacher.
- Distribute teaching materials to students such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, pencils, and technology tools.
- Abide by and enforce administration policies and rules governing students and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student information.
- Perform other instructional and support duties as requested by the teacher and administration.
Highly Qualified status includes the following:
A secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent and
Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education; or
Obtained an associate's (or higher) degree; or
Met a rigorous standard of quality and be able to demonstrate, through a formal State or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics (or, as appropriate, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness).