Early Childhood-Child Care Health Consultant
Child Start, Inc.
Wichita , KS 67218
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Supports the recruitment, successful licensing, and initial start-up/operations of new child care providers by providing holistic, strength-based, individualized coaching and support. Works collaboratively with the Child Care Health Consultant Network team to enhance the health, safety, and wellness of young children, families, and staff in child care/early childhood settings. Collaborates with directors, teachers, and family childcare providers to support compliance with regulations/standards and promote best practices to ensure childrens safe and healthy development.
This position is currently eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus payable after 90 days of employment.
We are hiring for 3 positions.
- Works collaboratively with program leadership to cultivate and establish community-based workforce recruitment pipelines and strategies.
- Provides holistic, strength-based, individualized coaching to support the recruitment, successful licensing, and initial start-up/operations of new childcare providers.
- Works collaboratively with the Child Care Health Consultant Network to ensure that new providers meet health, safety, and wellness practices and regulations, establishing goals for technical assistance consultations as applicable.
- Works in collaboration with Child Care Licensing Surveyors to identify and meet concrete needs/barriers to licensing, including administration of designated funds or other supports.
- Provides consultation to answer questions on health and safety issues (in alignment with public health guidance and childcare licensing standards) common in childcare.
- Establishes a collaborative approach to consultation that recognizes the autonomy, strengths, and expertise of childcare programs.
- Collaborates with specialized Health Consultants (Child Care Nurse Consultants, Health Consultants focused on priority populations or specific competencies, and Health Consultants focused on new provider recruitment) to ensure seamless, on-demand, tailored coaching and technical assistance is available for child care providers.
- Collaborates with local Child Care Licensing Surveyors to establish seamless referral and service provision strategies.
- Initiates internal referral and collaboration with other childcare coaching/TA services to avoid duplication and ensure tailored service delivery.
- Maintains records in WorkLife Systems (WLS) related to training, technical assistance and other activities.
- Contributes to electronic communication regarding health & safety messaging including email, electronic newsletters, community education materials, etc.
- Participates in Child Care Aware of Kansas meetings/conferences.
- Completes annual professional development to keep current with best practice and research in the field of early childhood development.
- Participates in Train-the-Trainer events.
- Promotes and conducts the work of the Child Care Aware of Kansas by engaging in regular communication with childcare providers, community level partners (such as childcare licensing surveyors, other early childhood agencies, etc.).
- Completes required Child Care Aware of Kansas employee reports and duties timely and in accordance with organizational policies.
- Delivers professional development events to childcare providers as needed.
- Distributes materials to promote and inform childcare providers, families, and community partners about early childhood development and quality childcare.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree with 2 years work related experience in early childhood required. Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Human Services, Health Care or related field preferred.
- Requires one to three years of related experience. Requires a working knowledge of standard practices and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to child care programs specific to any financial requirements of the grants program, with a focus on maintaining accurate records.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, including creating and editing documents, and spreadsheets.
- Complies a variety of reports and data information with a high degree of accuracy to support compiling and synthesizing reports.
- Participates in all Child Care Aware of Kansas Child Care Health Consultant orientation, communication/coordination meetings and trainings.
- Ability to work with a diverse client population.
- Requires good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for various classroom or event needs.
This position is $15.74 per hour.