Nice Ride MN
Minneapolis , MN 55415
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Overview of Position:
Nice Ride MN is looking to hire a Driver-Balancer to be responsible for operating a vehicle for the purposes of relocating bikes throughout the system. To that end, they will load and unload the vehicle with bikes, and dock/undock bikes at every station stop. Additionally, they will be responsible for safe operation of vehicles and for basic ongoing maintenance, including reporting vehicle issues promptly to management. They will work under the guidance and supervision of Service Delivery team.
About the Role
- Follow safe work practices and help to create a safe working environment
- Operate a vehicle for the purpose of moving bikes around the system
- Load/unload vehicles with bikes. Dock/undock bikes at stations.
- Reboot stations, replace station batteries as necessary
- Respond to station emergencies such as accidents for the purpose of cleaning up debris and delivering/replacing station components
- Communicate with dispatch using provided phone/radio/GPS unit interface
- Perform minor vehicle maintenance such as replacing bulbs and fluids
- Clean vehicles
- Perform pre/post trip inspections for every vehicle trip and fill out the associated paperwork
- Report vehicle issues/problems to management and dispatch
- Clean vehicles of litter and debris after every shift
- Adopt new procedures in a timely fashion and seek out help/guidance from management if necessary
- Take direction from dispatch
- Maintain knowledge of the system to provide excellent customer service to current and potential customers in the field.
- Other duties as assigned
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned as necessary
- You have a valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- You have a strong knowledge of the city’s area geography and street layout
- You are willing and able to work off hours and/or weekends
- You can effectively communicate with coworkers and supervisors
- You have a good sense of judgement and know how to maintain confidentiality
- You are able to lift up to 50 pounds and can stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time
- You are able to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- You are open to others' ideas and are always willing to try new things
- Some mechanical repair experience
What We Offer:
- Compensation: $15.00 per hr.
- Free Nice Ride membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Fun and dynamic working environment
- Skills training in the growing bikeshare field
- Seasonal position from Now - November
- Part-time and full-time positions available.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.