Driver (Skilled Nursing) - Sombrillo Nursing & Rehab
Los Alamos Retirement Community
Los Alamos , NM 87544
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Sombrillo Nursing & Rehabilitation, an integral part of Los Alamos Retirement Community, is seeking a full-time Transportation Driver to join our team. The Transportation Driver is responsible for ensuring the safe boarding and transportation of our residents to appointments and outings.
We currently are offering a $1,000 new hire bonus for the Transportation Driver.
Starting rate is $14.00 to $17.00, depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist residents in and out of vehicles and to and from the main door of the facility.
- Assist residents with seating and fastening seatbelts.
- Assist residents with lift or ramp, properly securing tie-downs, and stowing mobility equipment securely in the vehicle.
- Resolve complaints and notify supervisor of any misconduct.
- Check daily transport schedule with front desk staff, transportation coordinator, social services, and admissions.
- Coordinate daily transportation routes, vehicle use, and the number of drivers needed.
- Maintain schedule and arrange for backup transportation as needed.
- Confirm pick up time or cancelations with residents.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance needs, schedule vehicle maintenance and pick up vehicles for service.
- Keep vehicle clean at all times.
- Maintain accurate mileage records.
- Embrace the hospitality model of care and service to our residents.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a current and valid New Mexico Driver's License and a safe driving record.
- Should possess current CPR and First Aide certification (or willingness to obtain).
- Associates Degree preferred, but not required.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision & life insurance benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Sign-on bonus
- Training and development
- Paid time off
- Rewarding work
- Career growth opportunities
- Opportunity to become a part of a cohesive, supportive workplace