Leap Staffing Agency
North Bergen , NJ 07047
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you looking to put your superior driving skills to good use? Do you have an extensive track record of clean and safe operation, timely delivery, and dependability? If so, then this driver position could be perfect for you. Successful drivers communicate clearly to the customer, deliver product on time and safely, and perform these roles while properly managing their time. You also need experience handling 26ft Box Truck with a lift gate combinations and the equipment used to secure and maintain them. The ideal driver candidate will also handle a variety of equipment, appliances etc. to be assembled. Driver willing to support loading and unloading the truck in a timely manner.
- Coordinate paperwork for the truck manifest on each trip using the company's software system before leaving the facility.
- Transport deliveries safely to their destination locations on time. As part of this duty, verify shipping loads against the paperwork and obtain signatures for materials when they are delivered.
- Determine the most efficient route to destinations to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain records of routes and times in accordance with state and federal law, as well as company policy.
- Inspect and maintain the truck and all related equipment, putting in repair requests as necessary to maintain safe operation.
- Operate equipment
- Loading and unloading of the truck while observing all safety regulations and manufacturer's safety instructions for that equipment.
- Take on material handling duties as necessary to complete the delivery of necessary materials to destination locations, including handling materials during loading and unloading.
- Relay customer feedback, including concerns, complaints, damaged deliveries, returns, and competitive knowledge whenever it is presented.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- NO CDL NEEDED
- At least one year of professional driving experience
- Ability to pass the DOT medical exam and Pass a drug test
- Ability to operate equipment, including pallet jacks, tools to assemble, and maneuver
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer service skills