Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Odessa , TX 79761
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client, an Oil & Gas manufacturing company, is seeking a Draftsman for their Odessa, TX location. This role will help complete all design deliverables for quoting, designing and satisfying customer requirements acting as a focal point for technical matters on assigned projects. This individual should be keen to take on fresh challenges, develop technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand their knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting projects.
- Plan and lead design small to medium sized projects as allocated by the Project Engineer with some supervision.
- Prepare cost estimates and ensure all designs assigned are completed within budget.
- Ensure designs produced are efficient and cost-effective, seeking to reuse existing designs and components wherever practical.
- Participate in sales contract reviews & internal design review meetings.
- Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritize and organize to ensure all deadlines are achieved.
- Remain aware and involved in the latest developments within the industry to identify potential concepts that could be incorporated into new designs.
- Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance always.
- Work with software vendors as necessary to maintain drawing software and schedule training, as needed.
- Work with lead Project Engineer and Operations Management on drawing requirements and markups as necessary.
- Work with inter-office departments to make sure effective communication is maintained as necessary to accommodate project requirements.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems; recommend changes or modifications to promote efficiency and adaptability of processes.
- Associate degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least two years of related work experience.
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information to problems.
- Anticipate the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computer software to complete design assignments.
- Have solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand.
- Able to understand and anticipate the needs of any given project.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Problem-solving skills to assess, adapt to, and overcome challenges.
- Ability to use time efficiently, prioritizes and plans work activities to meet goals.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; provides feedback to improve performance; monitors and ensures work meets company standards.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity while keeping high-quality standards.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must be punctual based on work schedule.
- Must be able to follow instructions and respond to management directives; take responsibility for actions; and keep commitments.
- Willingness to work weekdays, some weekends, and long hours.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must pass background record check.