Dominion House Case Manager
Mohawk Opportunities Inc.
Schenectady , NY 12307
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Dominion House Case Manager
Mohawk Opportunities is committed to helping individuals living with Mental Illness, HIV/AIDS and those who are homeless achieve stable community living and independence by providing:
- Housing that is safe and affordable,
- Services that facilitate growth and recovery,
- Relationships built on a foundation of caring and respect, and
- A sense of hope for the future.
We DO NOT do personal care AND we DO NOT do physical restraints. Everything we do with our clients is verbal engagement and interactions including supportive counseling and teaching.
Dominion House Case Manager- Full Time
Responsibilities of the Dominion House Case Manager are to development of all individual service plans for the 12 adults who have a diagnosis of mental illness and are living in a stabilization group home located in Schenectady, NY. In addition, this person will provide supportive, goal-oriented counseling with a focus on decision-making and problem solving skills and developing and implementing all resident service plans. Specific duties include:
- Utilize all available resources in the development of client service planning to insure that the clients services are creative and specifically designed to meet the clients goals, needs, and desires. Spend individual time with the clients to develop a strong understanding of the clients individual goals, needs, and desires and how best for the clients learn new skills. Coordinate regular service planning meetings with the clients and Primary Counselors.
- Complete admission and discharge forms and ensure delivery to appropriate staff members. Assist clients in applying for benefit entitlement forms and submit within time deadlines. Connect clients to all appropriate funding sources upon admission to program including but not limited to Department of Social Services (DSS) and Social Security Administration (SSA). Advocate with or on behalf of clients to other agencies to ensure access to needed service.
- Complete fee agreements, fee schedules, financial status, and client ledger sheets. Complete the financial section of clients charts recording all pertinent information on case management notes. Communicate regularly as needed with the Finance Dept. to review and reconcile clients accounts. Coordinate and request client checks as per the Financial Procedures. Facilitate repayment schedule for clients who owe a debt to the agency.
- Providing supportive, goal-oriented counseling with a focus on decision-making and problem solving skills; and developing and implementing service plans.
- Providing supportive counseling to assist in stabilization; crisis prevention skills and coping skills; and crisis intervention.
- Teaching of daily living skills including medication supervision and teaching of medication management.
- Maintaining a healthy and clean environment for our clients to become independent which includes cleaning.
- Socialization skills and recreational activities.
Schedule of the Dominion House Case Manager:
Monday 8:00am 4:00pm
Tuesday- 8:00am 4:00pm
Salary and Benefits of the Dominion House Case Manager
- 40 hours per week. $16.29/hour. $33,883/annual equivalent.
- Excellent benefits, staff training, generous paid time off, and 30 minute paid meal break.
- Supportive work environment.
- Agency vehicles available for business use.
- Make A Difference Helping Others in a Place Where You Matter.
- Providing A Culture of Caring
Visit our website at www.mohawkopportunities.org.
Visit us on Facebook!
Skills/Qualifications for the Dominion House Case Manager include:
- Associates degree in human services, BA preferred;
- 1 year's experience in case management;
- 6 months to 1 year's experience in human services, preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and follow through; and
- Valid and insurable driver license
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Staff Training and Development
- Promotional Opportunities
- Supportive Work Environment
- Make A Difference Helping Those In Need
- Culture of Caring