Los Angeles , CA 90067
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We have partnered with a large Law Firm in the Los Angeles, CA area to provide them with a Docket Clerk.
Please review the below description and if you are interested please contact:
- Phanish Adivi at firstname.lastname@example.org, 484-403-4161
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee department projects as assigned by Manager.
- Ability to perform duties which require considerable judgment and initiative without immediate supervision.
- Responsible for docketing, updating and reporting of all matters and litigation cases for the Los Angeles office (and overflow for other offices) within the CompuLaw docket database.
- Analyze and review all incoming mail, faxes, e-filings, overnight and hand deliveries for the office and docket consistent with court/agency rules and current firm docketing protocols.
- Calendar documents served, filed and routed to the docketing department, including e-mail request.
- Download/Retrieve from Court, or via outside vendors – docket sheets and pleadings, and docket Federal Court filings (ECF notifications) from the department e-mail inbox.
- Coordinate with the Copy Center team members and Records Dept. to ensure all applicable dates are entered on the docket; as part of quality control.
- Create New and Sub-file Client/Matter profiles in CompuLaw.
- Apply established case-closing procedures on all matters within designated assignment group as needed.
- Assign and reassign timekeepers to case matter profiles in CompuLaw Vision; and update assistant assignments in CompuLaw MyView.
- Follow-up with on-site legal support vendor to ensure all returns filed in State, Federal, Appellate, and other Court Jurisdictions are calendared accordingly.
- Strong research skills of rules – stays current on court procedure and rule changes.
- Search the Court’s on-line records to confirm filing dates and upcoming hearings.
- Assist attorneys, assistants, and paralegals with inquiries in reference to citation (rule) and in-depth explanation of formula calculation for generated dates.
- Provide necessary follow-up to attorneys, paralegals, and assistants on items that need to be docketed.
- Run firm-mandated Bi-weekly calendar reports for all attorneys.
- Generate Client/Matter; Event, Timekeeper and other refined reports.
- Attend training classes for further knowledge of software updates and releases.
- Maintain a safe and unobstructed work area, including a neat and well-organized desk, and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Overall, uphold a strong and professional work ethic by providing the best customer support to the attorneys, staff members, clients, vendors, guest, etc., and treating everyone respectfully!