Dock And Door Apprentice
Lift Power Inc
Jacksonville , FL 32099
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Maximize customer satisfaction by assisting Lead Technician in performing repair, maintenance work, and installation of various equipment primarily dock doors and levelers. Conduct work with an excellence and efficiency that will contribute to the reputation, growth and profit of Lift Power, Inc.
- Assist Lead Technician in analyzing customer equipment and perform service, maintenance, and installation tasks as necessary
- Communicate any issues with Lead Technician while on jobsite.
- Assist Lead Technician in efficiently performing scheduled maintenance
- Follow all scheduled maintenance procedures and policies as dictated by the company
- Accurately and neatly complete and submit time cards daily in a timely fashion
- Follow all safety procedures of both Lift Power and the customer when working on a job site
- Use appropriate PPE
- Dispose of waste properly
- Leave jobsites in orderly condition
- Follow current company policies.
Qualified candidates must be willing to learn and gain knowledge of all facets of loading dock equipment and commercial roll-up doors. Additional requirements, must be able to lift at least 100lbs, clean driving record and able to pass a background and drug test. The position requires 40+ hours per week and some out of town travel with occasional overnight stay and weekend work.
- No prior dock and door experience needed
- Mechanical skills and some knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and welding preferred
- Ability to perform strenuous and heavy work
- Can exert force up to 100 lbs and frequently handle loads up to 50 lbs
- Can perform continuously with full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, lifting, etc.
- Have and maintain a valid drivers license and be insurable by Lift Powers insurance companys standards
- Valid CDL license required
- 40+ hours/week
We offer a highly competitive compensation package that includes paid overtime, health benefits, personal paid leave, uniforms with safety equipment, company cell phone with high speed internet, and paid training time. . As a company we observe the ultimate technology advancements to stay at top of our industrys best practices. Our family environment promotes an employee appreciation oriented culture in where you will sense a very comfortable atmosphere.