Division Manager - Outside Plant (Osp)
Round Rock , TX 78664
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
INDUSTRY: Low voltage, Data Communications, Commercial Construction
LOCATION: Round Rock, Texas
CONTEXT: Our client, a commercial low voltage company, is actively searching for a Division Manager to lead their OSP team. The focus of the Division Manager will be to provide leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that our OSP department has the proper preconstruction, project management and operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively grow the business unit and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Industry focus includes K12, Higher Education, State/Federal, Medical, High Rise, and Industrial.
Company-wide services include 6 divisions: network cabling, outside plant (OSP), electronic safety & security systems (access control, IDS, CCTV), audiovisual, distributed antenna systems (DAS), and Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON)
- Champion the companys Purpose, Mission, Vision, and Values; leads by example.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with our customers and partners.
- Communicate project and account status to senior management, customers, and other partners.
- Oversee and coordinate with team members to achieve maximum success and efficiency in delivery of engineering designs, field surveys, and other OSP projects.
- Pro-actively identify potential project risk factors, communicate these with our partners, and work with team members to address and resolve them.
- Drive initiatives in the project management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to assigned Project Managers, Service Managers and Superintendents.
- Seek out and act on opportunities to continuously improve; instill innovation mindset within group and effectively lead and manage change.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety and on-time delivery.
- Maintain quality assurance standards as defined in the company s standards.
- Responsible for Division P&L, budget, safety, and revenue forecasts.
- Assist in developing budgets for assigned project managers and monitor based on the agreed upon annual baseline budget planning requirements.
- Approve division expenditures (POs and requisitions).
- Mentor, coach, and develop direct reports and support them in developing their teams.
- Oversee training programs and professional development for division employees.
- Ensure division is maintaining high-quality job performance and providing excellent client service on all projects.
- Actively promote a culture of safety by working with all employees to achieve an incident-free workplace, service quality excellence, and environmental awareness.
- Bachelors in business administration, Management, or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Minimum of 10 years of outside plant construction (aerial and underground) experience with progressive supervisory responsibility.
- Significant OSP design experience with both copper and fiber networks, experience overseeing and growing customer accounts, and significant supervisory experience.
- Experience in right-of-way, easement or local permitting requirements.
- Experience managing P&L of a division/department.
- Exceptional team building interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable record of achieving defined business goals; results oriented.
- Strong communication skills, ability to navigate and resolve conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to develop and motivate a team; strong leadership skills; interpersonal skills; ability to motivate direct and indirect staff