Diversity And Inclusion Specialist
Open Systems Healthcare
Philadelphia , PA 19103
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Open Systems Healthcare, we're taking on a mission bigger than ourselves - providing care to those who need it, regardless of their life situation. We're a home care startup experiencing explosive growth because we look at home care differently than most.
Our team strives to lean into our Always Forward' motto every day. What does that mean? It means understanding our consumers and caregivers so well that we're always one step ahead. It means working together to achieve health outcomes that make a difference in peoples lives. It means not just being any home care company, but real advocates for someones well-being. In this crucial moment for healthcare, we are Always Forward' in everything we do.
So, what is that work we speak of?
The DEI Specialist plays a critical role for our company and workforce. In particular, youll lead and advance our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategies to continually improve our organizations workplace while holding OSH accountable to its DEI goals. This role incorporates DEI expertise, end-to-end project management, and strong communication to confidently lead and guide our DEI efforts here at Open Systems, all the while ensuring that positive change is seen and felt throughout the company.
Some of what you can expect in this role...
- Youll take the wheel. Youll lead and serve as liaison between the DEI Committee and Management team to identify DEI priorities, strategies, and tactics to reach OSHs objectives. Along with that, youll delegate and execute accordingly.
- Youll be a planner extraordinaire. As the dedicated DEI-role at OSH, youll plan, implement, and evaluate DEI programs and structural changes at the organization. Developing programs and measuring them with the right metrics is your superpower.
- Youll be a documentation and organization master. DEI frameworks, research, timelines, and budgets. Under your watch, all documentation is well-recorded and organized.
- Youll flex those interpersonal chops of yours. Between answering to our DEI hotline and facilitating trainings and meetings, strong and proactive communication skills are a must.
- Youll play well with others. Youll work cross-functionally often, specifically with our HR, Learning & Development, and Marketing teams to integrate DEI on a deeper level.
- Youll be the SME. As a DEI Specialist, youll be the subject matter expert at OSH when it comes to research, best practices, benchmarks, and DEI knowledge.
Interested? In order to succeed in this role, you'll need to have
Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelors degree in HR, Organizational Development, HRD, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years under your belt in a DEI-related role.
- One or more professional certifications or trainings in Inclusive Leadership or DEI.
- A familiarity with compliance, HR, operations, learning and development preferred.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- A reliable form of transportation
And finally, a mastery of skills when it comes to...
- Project Management: Ability to establish and see projects through to completion, and gleaning insights and learnings to share with the organization.
- Cultural Awareness and Inclusion: Understanding the barriers and steps needed to create a more inclusive, equitable, and welcoming environment.
- Communication: Someone who communicates clearly, eloquently, and often.
- Confidentiality: Working in accordance with HIPAA and handling sensitive information with consideration and poise.
- Time Management: Ability to complete multiple tasks on a daily basis and stay organized.
- Effective Leadership: Owning and having a hand in all facets of DEI strategies and efforts.
- Critical Thinking: At times, youll have to think on your feet, problem-solve, and recommend the best courses of action.