District Loss Prevention Investigator
Las Vegas , NV 89101
Posted 3 months ago
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.Our Story
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you'll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.District Loss Prevention Investigator
The District Loss Prevention Investigator is part of a fast-growing and flexible. The Investigator will partner with Store Operations to ensure we provide the best experience to our customers. With a focus on internal cases, the Investigator will take investigations head-on through establishing solid partnerships with store and Loss Prevention leadership, law enforcement agencies, Corporate partners and utilize established as well as creative methods to identify and deter internal dishonesty. The Investigator is responsible for assisting with a strategy to combat internal dishonesty across the organization within an assigned District and take a proactive approach to resolving losses within all assigned stores through training and awareness.Job Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
- Utilize loss prevention reporting tools to identify and investigate internal cases at the direction of the Regional Loss Prevention Manager, and bring investigations to a successful resolution.
- Utilize exception reports, surveillance, and employee tips to generate cases.
- Identify potential acts of internal dishonesty through exception reporting, behavior observation and internal referrals.
- Thoroughly build and document cases to support findings and resolution.
- Interview associates in accordance with companys best practices.
- Work with outside agencies such as police, courts and legal to bring cases to resolution.
- Partner with District/Store Management to build LP awareness.
- Investigate storeinventory and losses and communicate with local law enforcement, when needed.
- Develop strategies when appropriate for external theft losses
- Ensures accurate and timely report writing, record keeping and retention of evidence
- Manages and reports critical incidents to field and corporate leadership
- Demonstrate courageous leadership by identifying and communicating potential ethical or safety issues that must be addressed at a higher level
- Ensureassignedstores have the equipment needed to adhereto all merchandise protection standards
- Ensure stores within his/her assigned area of responsibility have all awareness materials posted, and covered with store personnel
Minimum of 5 years of multi-unit Loss Prevention experience required
Wicklander and/or Reid Technique Certification prefered
Familiarity with progressive Loss Prevention and Shrink reduction strategies.
Demonstrated leadership skills
Strong personal and professional ethics and integrity
Excellent communication skills, written, oral and reading
Ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations
Strong analytical and time management skillsOther Duties
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.AAP/EEO Statement
MMMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MMMG expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MMMG employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.