Distribution Center Manager
Sacramento , CA 94203
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; its our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? Youre not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where its about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
Soligent Distribution is looking for an experienced individual to work as a Distribution Center Manager. Soligent values teamwork while maintaining a strong sense of personal accountability for one's own performance. Our environment is not for everyone, but, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have the support of the team as well as the ability to achieve personal success, please apply today for this position.
The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Supervise all in- and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Supervise & Audit shipments prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Ensures that proper equipment, manuals, and accessories are shipped with correct order.
- Supervises and assists with the preparation of shipping and receiving documentation; Ensuring orderly files for all documentation.
- Responsible for the management & coordination of all shipping/receiving activities
- Maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Maintain performance records and providing feedback on performance including disciplinary actions as needed.
- Supervises the scheduling of daily transportation.
- Supervises and assists with all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Supervises and assists with the inspections of all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Supervises & assists with maintaining material inventory levels.
- Supervises & assists with responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Maintains safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Investigates problems, finds root causes and helps develop solutions
- Supervise the performance of daily cycle counts
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Supervises Distribution Specialist & Drivers
- Three to five years related experience or equivalent.
- Strong supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to operate Forklift and pass certification
- Ability to manage inventory
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong Computer Skills
- Proficient on MS Word and Access
- Oracle Inventory Management extremely helpful
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly without assistance.
- Climb a ladder to a height of at least 20 feet.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Loading/Unloading incoming and outgoing shipments in all types of adverse weather conditions
- A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures may vary and noise level can be moderate to high.
- Working in a very busy environment subject to constant interruptions
- Must work at a fast pace
- Must be cross-trained in all functional areas of responsibility related to operations
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, HSA, FSA