Distribution Center Coordinator
Ipex Group Of Companies
Fort Pierce , FL 34945
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as DC Coordinator.This role is based in our Distribution Center in Ft. Pierce, FL and reports to the DC Manager located in our Asheville, NC Distribution Center.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a broad family of people-centric professionals, thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters!
The Distribution Centre Coordinator (DCC) is responsible for assisting in the management and development of a fast-paced, high volume distribution centre. The successful candidate will effectively assist in leading a professional distribution team in continually meeting the changing demands of our industry and our customers. The DCC is responsible for coordinating the preparation of all outgoing shipments and ensuring order accuracy while maintaining good customer service, assist in directing the storage and handling of products and inventories and in ensuring proper documentation of all incoming, outgoing and warehoused material. Also responsible for ensuring that all Health and Safety policies are followed.
The DCC will work in collaboration with other departments to ensure the success of the DC operation.
- Ensure all orders are shipped on time and meet IPEX shipment service and quality standards.
- Monitor workbench software to prevent service failures
- Audit shipments to ensure accuracy
- Monitor productivity and balance workload to expedite customer orders
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints and communicate feedback to distribution center employees to ensure that corrective and preventative measures can be taken in the future.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating activities of warehouse and yard staff as well as responding to requests and resolving any conflicts.
- Provide feedback to the distribution center manager about warehouse and yard employee performance issues and feedback to employees through performance evaluations.
- Responsible for checking loads to ensure safety compliance.
- Assist in the recruiting and orientation process for new warehouse employees. Will be responsible for new hire training.
- Receive RMA in system
- Address immediate packaging issues
- Work with logistics for transfers and purchase orders
- Review employee start up inspection sheets
- Assist in the development and promote the different aspects of health & safety.
- Maintain inventory accuracy through the use of the RF technology and also cycle and physical counts. Conduct Inventory Checks when necessary. Investigate any inventory shorts (missing material) and initiate any correction in the system (Infoflo)
- Hold monthly Safety and employee meetings
- Assist in ensuring the DC follows all internal practices such as but not limited to TMS, Supply Chain Security program, company standards etc.
- Participate in the planning of the annual physical inventory.
- Maintain an orderly warehouse and ensure stock is stored in its assigned locations (pipe and fittings)
- Spot check production pick-up areas to ensure pallets and packaging are up to standard, ensure production product is received and put-away properly and efficiently.
- Do a weekly inventory of all packaging and warehouse supplies and maintain sufficient stock to ensure continuous operations.
- Contribute to monthly inspections and safety audits.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Interactions with other departments:
- As a partner to a manufacturing plant, provide the necessary support in order for production to be moved efficiently and to ensure that products are properly rotated according to production dates (FIFO)
- Work in collaboration with the plant management team and the sales department on common subjects of interest.
- Work with the planning department and each Plant/Sales office to meet our customers needs.
- Responsible for properly communicating and implementing procedures (HR, HS and Logistics).
- Ensure proper training of the employees according to internal standards, US laws and regulations specific to our industry.
- Assist in the coordination of repairs and purchases for the warehouse and yard.
- The candidate must exercise positive leadership when dealing with requirements issued by IPEX sales offices, Logistics planners/purchasers as well as other Distribution Centre Coordinators. Must act as a resource when new programs are being developed and implemented.
- Completion of a high school diploma or practical equivalency and several years working experience in a distribution/warehouse environment.
- Minimum two years in a supervisory role.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience in a RF environment would be an asset.
- Positive leadership and project management skills, ability to motivate others.
- Must be in possession of Forklift Driver Training Certificate and valid US Operators License.
- Health and Safety and First Aid Training certificates are a plus
- Management Development program, WHMIS, First Aid and knowledge of plastic pipes and fittings preferred.
- Successful candidate must complete a criminal background check.