Disaster Recovery Assistant Program Manager
Houston , TX 77001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Armand Corporation is seeking qualified candidates for an Assistant Program Manager to support the successful development of a Disaster Recovery program in Houston, Texas. This program will oversee the construction phase of housing applicants who are repairing, reconstructing, elevating, and/or mitigating their storm-damaged residential properties.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Report directly to the Program Manager and act as lead of the Program Management Department.
- Proactively guide the client in the development and adherence to program policies and procedures.
- Work side by side with Construction Management Leads to ensure compliance, deliverables, invoicing, finances, administration, and documentation are in check.
- Use knowledge of HUD CDBG-DR guidelines, general construction, and permitting requirements to resolve impediments to the program.
- Develop performance goals, identify training topics, and manage daily activities of team members.
- Track and report team performance metrics to ensure compliance with contracts.
- Mediate requests to internal team-members and external stakeholders (e.g. consultants, contractors, state employees, etc.) in order to achieve program goals.
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are documented and current.
- Act as point of contact with client in absence of the Program Manager.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously; and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Adhere to compliance with all applicable rules and regulations; maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff, clientele, and applicants.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferred; CAPM and/or PMP a plus.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience working in the following areas in a management role: construction/project management; disaster recovery program management; Social Services Block Grant (SSBG), HUD, CDBG, CDBG-DR, and/or FEMA programs.
- Working knowledge of high-level compliance, contractual obligations, and invoicing pertaining to government projects is required.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly and seamlessly pivot between different tasks and simultaneous projects.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to work independently as well.
- Creative problem-solver with ability to come up with outside of the box.
- Valid drivers license and access to reliable means of transportation.
- Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Armand Corporation is an award-winning construction management firm that has managed public projects for over 27 years. Armand provides a full benefit plan including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, personal time off, paid holidays, and commuter benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.