Director, Tax & Labor Relations
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Extreme Reach revolutionized the way advertisers control the deployment of their creative and how the
media sources those ads to execute campaigns. The companys creative asset workflow platform,
AdBridge, is built upon a decade of innovation and integrates all the paths and processes required by
todays complex media landscape.
ER proudly serves the best and biggest brands, agencies, production companies, media destinations,
performers and rights owners. ER connects the creative flow between the buy and sell sides of the advertising ecosystem.
The Director, Tax & Labor Compliance is responsible for ensuring that Talent and Payroll Solutions are compliant with US, Canadian and Foreign labor laws, providing information to clients and staff on issues related to our work as Employer of Record, and the clients obligations as a common law employer.
- Monitor changes in US domestic Local, State and Federal tax and reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Wage & Hour laws in the US and Canada.
- Facilitate research and application of foreign tax implications within the following:
- Work performed by US and Canadian citizens on foreign soil
- Work performed by foreign citizens on US / Canadian soil
- Work performed by foreign citizens on foreign soil
- Review tax implications of rights acquired from or used by foreign entities
- Monitor and administer requirements related to minor trust laws
- When appropriate, coordinate the submission of applications, authorizations or other documents that facilitate our work with foreign entities.
- Develop written guidelines for process and procedures related to compliance
- Manage an archive of documentation supporting our position in areas that do have clear precedence.
- Serve as subject matter expert to ER staff for the development of software that incorporates business logic for the requirements outlined above.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Taxation or related area
- Significant entertainment industry experience related to research and application of tax implications of rights
- Experience researching foreign tax implications, including foreign entities
- Experience with minor trust laws
- Experience developing processes and procedures related to compliance including, implementing guidelines for recouping overpayments, overseeing both ACA compliance process and Workers Comp/BTA compliance
FLSA Status: Exempt