Director, Talent Development - Remote
Madison , WI 53706
Posted 2 months ago
We are looking for a Director, Talent Development in Early Career! The Director, Talent Development is a key member of Danaher's global Talent Management Team and is responsible for creating, installing, and sustaining development experiences that accelerate growth and enable the performance of current and future leaders across Danaher.
All the responsibilities we will trust you with:
- Needs, Customer Insight & Strategy
- Partner with business leaders and HR teams at the Corporate, Platform, OpCo, and Regional levels and DBSO to understand business priorities, customer needs, and capability gaps to address through formal rotational development programs that grow and accelerate the readiness of our leadership pipeline. Lead annual demand planning and coordinate across the DBS Office, Functions, Regions & Platforms to drive alignment around a common strategy, prioritized roadmap, and annual hiring plan.
Program Development Design- Engage cross-functional, global project teams to develop, implement, sustain and continuously improve innovative development programs. These include existing formal programs (eg. GMDP, HRDP) as well as future programs, to be created, that offer differentiated development experiences combining various modes of learning (eg. DBS immersion, gemba-based experiences with Danaher leaders, coaching, peer learning). Partner with the Talent Management and Leadership Development teams to design and implement high-quality learning and development events such as the Annual Summit.
Governance & Coordination
- Establish, communicate and sustain a governance framework and standard work to ensure Danaher's development program experiences, whether led through an OpCo, Platform, Region, or Function, meet established standards for quality, consistency, and impact. Lead the Platform and Regional Program leads across the business. Provide operating oversight, guidance, coaching, support, and direction, when needed, to create alignment and optimize resources in support of excellent program design, governance, and delivery across Danaher. Partner with platforms and regions to understand nuances in needs, determine if/when customization is required, and align on the placement of work and priorities to optimize the use of resources while maintaining a consistent program experience for all participants.
- Program Execution & Support
- Partner closely with University Recruitment, Business leaders, Human Resource Business Partners, Talent Leaders, Hiring Managers, and Program Associates to clarify expectations, train stakeholders, and provide a seamless, integrated system of support for program participants. Understand the program experience from the perspective of various stakeholders and coach participants on their roles and responsibilities to ensure accountability and positive outcomes.
- Operations Excellence, Measurement and Continuous Improvement
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and analytics to track uptake and impact. Use daily and visual management tools with the Program Council to drive progress and course-correct quickly as needed. Use Danaher's Problem-Solving Process (PSP), Customer Insight Tool, and other DBS Tools to continuously improve and sustain impactful solutions that meet clearly defined needs, help Danaher drive business results, and attract and retain the best teams. Demonstrate Workday Learning and other relevant technologies or systems to support measurement, uptake, and delivery of development experiences for leaders.
- Partner with Communications and Talent Acquisition teams to tell the story of the Danaher early career programs through data and deep insights to various audiences, internal and external, to secure resources, attract and retain participants, and engage, train, and coach program managers, HR, and people leaders.
- Bring thought leadership to Danaher by continually learning and adjusting program design and strategies to ensure a competitive and differentiated experience for Danaher program participants.
- Provide leadership to a direct report and the Danaher Program Council to ensure quality program execution and strong team engagement.
- Support and enable other Corporate Human Resource and/or enterprise Talent Management projects as needed
- Guided by Danaher, Platform, and OpCo strategies, wrestle with the complexity of competing challenges to translate needs into solutions that get results with enterprise-wide impact through talent development.
- Problem Solving & Continuous Improvement
- Track record of identifying, understanding, and solving complex, operational and organizational problems demonstrating the appropriate resources within or outside direct team/department. Applies continuous improvement approach and problem-solving methodologies, always considering the connections and opportunities within and outside of the direct portfolio of work.
- Cross-Functional Project and Program management
- Ability to plan, identify, coordinate and track critical activities, achievements and deliverables leading cross-functional teams using strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ensure efficient planning, execution, branding, and communications of talent development initiatives demonstrating chg mgmt methodology to drive global adoption.
- DBS Tool/Program Development
- Partner with DBSO to demonstrate the DBS Tool/Program Development Process to ensure effective design, installation, and sustainment of new and existing tools and programs.
- Influence and Collaboration
- Ability to persuade managers, senior leaders, partners, vendors, and internal customers to take action. Does so by representing the interests of a variety of stakeholders, guiding discussions, listening to concerns and goals, driving alignment and proposing a path forward.
- Adaptive and sensitive to diverse needs and opportunities, leveraging a variety of communication channels and working styles to build relationships, understand perspectives and find common ground.
- Knowledge of and experience understanding talent, development, and learning needs and influencing the talent development agenda across platforms, functions, and regions. Ability to work with all levels of associates and leaders using discretion and solid judgment.
- Agility & Action Orientation
- Excels at working independently as well as remaining flexible within a dynamic team environment and varied global environment. Able to adjust and respond, where appropriate, to ensure enterprise programs and approaches support local needs.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matter most for this role:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology or related field required; Master's preferred
7+ years professional Human Resources roles, including HR Generalist responsibilities; experience in Talent Management or Talent Development role preferred
5+ years Program/Project Management experience with implementing corporate-wide processes, preferably in a global context
Demonstrated experience driving clear, effective processes and programs to achieve stated outcomes
Travel: 25-35% (depending on location)
Can be locted anywhere in the US
Check out our benefits here: www.danaherbenefits.com
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.