Director Perioperative Services
Gee-Gee DFW Jobs
Spokane , WA 99201
Posted 6 months ago
• In this position you will:
• Provide leadership for patient care management, operational management, human resource management, and fiscal management of units and services within the Perioperative Department, including the Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, the Surgery Medical Admit Unit and Pre-Surgical Screening, Endoscopy/Minor Procedures, and Cath Lab Nursing.
• Be accountable for the multidisciplinary approach to the quality improvement process through assessment, evaluation, analysis, and revision of intradepartmental and interdepartmental systems that allow for enhanced productivity, cost reduction, physician satisfaction, and patient care. Work closely with the managers to promote positive staff morale, which includes involvement of staff in program development and systems, and the facilitation of staff shared decision making on issues affecting their patient care. She/He is accountable for monitoring the quality of care provided on units/services as defined by unit Performance Improvement programs, as well as through informal methods.
• Mentor and develop unit managers and promote a positive teamwork environment, which includes unit management support, supervision in program development, and participation in the development of effective operational and marketing strategies for particular services. The Director is responsible for the selection, development, and evaluation of Nurse Managers, Computer Specialist, Purchasing Coordinator and Secretaries.
• Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field
• Master's Degree in Nursing/Business or related field
• Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Washington
• 5 years of current nursing experience, two of which were in management
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Nursing experience in the Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit and/or in an Outpatient Surgery setting