We are in need of a seasoned Director of Web and Mobile Development to lead and manage a team of about 30 for our growing hospitality client in Orlando, Florida. It is a full-time (Direct Hire) position reporting to the CIO.
This is a highly visible and crucial position. You will be responsible for setting up the Web and Mobile road map for the company and will have a free hand to determine the strategy and how to build the team. We need a seasoned Web and Mobile leader who has the confidence to take on building out this critical team, someone who has come up the development ranks and has strong technical leadership skills.
Please no 3rd party candidates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design, develop, test, and deliver technology solutions by translating requirements into functional user-friendly websites for use by our internal and external customers.
· Understands and adheres to our software development life cycle (SDLC).
· Complete and deliver design specification and test plan for all development project.
· Analyze, troubleshoot, debug, and remedies website and system issues in a timely manner.
· Review and keep up to date all assigned tasks and projects, in line with the SDLC, through completion and in production.
· Participate in team meetings, coaching sessions, and problem solving discussions.
· Interact with business stakeholders during but not limited to, business queue meetings.
· Enforce and contribute to development best practices in order to improve efficiency and lower overall technical debt of our websites and systems.
· Participate in peer code reviews.
· Provide functional and technical support and assistance to all other Technology team members as required and in a timely manner.
· Research new technology to be able to give recommendations to management.
· Lead development projects, identifies and removes road blocks and brings failing projects back on track.
· Mentor other team members and assists with any issues they may have.
· Identify strengths and weaknesses of team members so that they can best be utilized in projects that will play to their strengths.
· Promote an open and efficient working environment; provides team members with a chance to review future directions and voice any concerns they may have, where appropriate.
· Oversee a team of mobile and web developers ensuring that they can work effectively by helping to mitigate roadblocks that occur.
· Maintain knowledge of web based technology top vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them.
· Manage expectations of management and the business.
· At least 10 years of experience in the web development field
· A minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in the web development field
· Proven experience leading both Web and Mobile development teams
· Good knowledge of databases and data modeling.
· Excellent understanding of the Oracle database and PL/SQL or SQL Server, and T-SQL.
· Ability to identify application bottlenecks and how best to tune code for optimal performance.
· Understands how to develop and implement business strategies.
· Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures, and manuals.
· Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
The company will only employ candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
Rita Technology Services