Director Of Technology
San Diego , CA 92108
Position Title: Director of TechnologyFull Time (or Part Time)San Diego, CA Trabus Technologies
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.TRABUS has been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers challenges.TRABUS is looking for a Director of Technology
who will facilitate TRABUS technology development efforts for both the military and commercial sectors. Our Director of Technology
will progress an already exciting portfolio of innovation and evolutionary products in three portfolios: Wireless Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, and Cybersecurity. Our innovations range from the use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) predictive analytical tools to wireless technologies that are on the cusp of changing the way we communicate. TRABUS is also improving Cybersecurity analytical and engineering processes through cutting edge research. TRABUS is looking for an individual seeking to develop disruptive technologies, someone willing to go beyond expectations and make a true difference.As our Director of Technology
, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the TRABUS Technology Portfolio including introduction of innovative and new products and systems within TRABUS capacity.
- Provide subject matter expertise in AI/Wireless/Cyber to support development of new technology innovations.
- Conduct technical research and lead the development of White Papers and Proposals on technology endeavors within TRABUS Technology Portfolio.
- Conduct market research as needed to support both government and commercial technology endeavors (Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs), Small Business Innovative Research initiatives (SBIRs), Other Transaction Authorities (OTAs), commercial sector marketing opportunities, etc.)
- Become an avid spokesman for TRABUS on technology initiatives and marketing campaigns. Promote, market and develop appropriate new product innovations and initiatives.
- Facilitate introduction of TRABUS to external organizations, and penetration into other suitable markets. Provide insights on potential capital and business funding opportunities.
- Lead or participate in TRABUS technology meetings both internally or with external stakeholders
You will be a good fit if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Significant experience in program and portfolio management of research and development programs within the DoD or industry.
- Excellent communication skills in unstructured verbal interactions, briefings, and meeting moderation; and, ability to work independently with both junior and senior staff in a distributed environment while maintaining a strong commitment to deliverable schedules.
- Have at least 10-15 years experience in engineering and technology/portfolio development and management
- Previous Department of Defense experience (preferred but not required)
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas, or additional certifications/education:
- 15-20 years experience in industry, or the federal sector, in technology development, introduction, and transitioning to viable product commercialization.
- Prior experience as a technical leader in a defense lab or agency, or major research agency or organization
- Understanding of the structure of the Defense Department, its research labs, current senior personnel, and programs applicable to the modernization portfolio. Experience advising senior leaders in the DoD, especially in the area of AI/ML or cybersecurity.
Wed expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- MS or ME in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering disciplines, or other related fields.
This position requires you to have the ability to get and maintain a Department of Defense Secret clearance. To apply, go tohttp://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on Current Openings.Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.