Director Of Staff Development (Rn) - Sierra Health Care Center
Heritage Management Services
Truth or Consequences , NM 87901
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Sierra Health Care Center, an integral part of our established senior living campus, is currently seeking a knowledgeable and professional Registered Nurse (RN) to serve as the Director of Staff Development for our senior living campus in southern New Mexico. This individual will work closely with our corporate Director of Nursing Education to provide continuing education for our existing nursing staff and assist with training new staff members to provide excellent skilled nursing care for our patients and residents. With a newly updated assisted living, skilled nursing facility, and full-service home health and hospice agency, Sierra offers a broad range of services to our clientele in Truth or Consequences. If you are open considering this excellent opportunity, please submit your application for our review.
The primary purpose of this role is to plan, develop, direct, evaluate, and coordinate the clinical education and nursing staff development program implemented by this facility in accordance with current federal and state guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, evaluate, and coordinate the clinical nursing education program for the campus including participating in the CNA, CMA training programs as well as continuing education for the current nursing staff.
- Direct the preparation, scheduling, and selection of instructional material, equipment and training aids, to ensure that a modern, meaningful training program is provided.
- Provide leadership in formulating the goals and objectives of the nursing education & clinical development programs.
- Participate in the monitoring of instructional and skills training classes to ensure that our course curriculum is being followed.
- Maintain appropriate records as outlined in the course specifications, as well as those mandated by current federal and state requirements.
- Develop work schedules and instructor assignments to ensure that all classes and clinical practice sessions are properly staffed.
- Assist in the development of the nursing department budgets for the campus by preparing appropriate cost reports and budgetary needs as required.
- Collaborate with Administrators, Directors of Nursing Services, and the corporate Clinical Leadership Team to solicit advice concerning their training needs, identify problems, and create solutions to improve nursing services to patients and residents.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Develop and participate in annual evaluations to determine if changes in the curriculum or training techniques need to be made.
- Perform necessary administrative duties such as developing training schedules, work schedules, class attendance records, and educational evaluations.
- Participate in and attend Infection Control, Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Committees.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services and/or the HR Director in the recruitment and selection of appropriate candidates for the CNA/CMA Training Programs.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure that the nursing staff is providing the quality of care in which they have been trained.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current, unencumbered RN license in the State of New Mexico
- Proven prior clinical education experience, preferably in a skilled nursing facility or sub-acute setting
- Track record of integrity and performance and an in-depth knowledge of the LTC industry including customer care, employee satisfaction, regulatory & clinical compliance
- Ability to embrace the standards, values, and beliefs of the organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Office, and Power Point
- Ability to exhibit sound judgment, patience, and compassion
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with residents, family members, staff members and stakeholders
- Approach skilled nursing and long-term care services with a resident-centered model
Benefits & Allowances:
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Direct patient care without time restrictions to build patient relationships
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Excellent health benefits