Director Of Software Sustaining Engineering
North Billerica , MA 01862
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Sustaining Director will play a critical role providing resolutions to customer issues for the most advanced eGrocery automation system in the world. This is an opportunity to grow the software sustaining organization from the ground up. The Sustaining Director will form and lead a team of multi-disciplined engineers who will work closely with Alerts support organization to ensure customer satisfaction. Technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must so that you are able to challenge and grow your team members.
What Will You Do?
- Create a world class software sustaining organization from the ground up.
- Direct a technical team responsible for troubleshooting, root causing, and resolving customer issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting techniques to your team.
- Partner with the operations team to provide proactive support and technical guidance.
- Clearly communicate status of issues internally and externally.
- Work closely with peers to share technical solutions and best practices.
- Plan and coordinate software maintenance and patch releases.
- Create and track key sustaining performance metrics and status.
- Identify and clearly communicate issues, status, risks, and metrics.
- Establish and support an environment of continuous improvement.
- Technically grow your team to become experts in multiple disciplines.
What Are We Looking For?
- 10+ years in the development of complex embedded software systems.
- Proven experience in leading software sustaining organizations.
- Strong technical, project, and people leadership capabilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize complex problem resolution and bug fixes.
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving capabilities.
- Experience with concise communications with senior leadership and customers.
- Experience with C++ 11/14, Java, and Angular.
- Experience developing software for Linux in a real-time OS (e.g. QNX) using concurrency and multi-threaded design.
- Experience with reactive microservices (Akka, Vertx, RxJava or similar framework/library).
- Experience with a messaging platform (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar).
- Experience with NoSQL databases and in-memory caches such as Redis or equivalent.
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of common development tools and practices such as Jira, Confluence, defect tracking, source control systems such as git, and peer review methodologies.
- Understanding of robotics concepts and systems are a strong plus.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related industry.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as they lead or support their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
What Do We Offer?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based.
Every employee is granted stock options which vest over four years.
Full time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To learn more, please visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/boston-robotics-jobs/
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also common practice in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.