Director Of Software Development
Liberty Fox Tech
Philadelphia , PA 19019
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Director of Software Development
Overview:The Director of Software Development is primarily responsible for overseeing and supporting the ongoing success of software development for the Liberty Fox team. As the Director of Software Development you will plan, coordinate, and direct all development activities of the development team and 3rd party developers as contracted. This individual will work closely with the development team, as well as with decision makers in other departments. The Director of Software Development will work diligently to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the organization. This individual will report to the CEO and COO of the organization. Liberty Fox Technologies is a software development agency and the Director of Software must have the ability to plan project estimates/budgets and work closely with project managers to track project budgets.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Conceptualizes, evaluates, and implements strategies, plans, and priorities for comprehensive applications to support our clients business needs.
- Oversight of software development efforts to confirm that development is done with data and application security in mind.
- Assists in the development of policies and implementation of programs that support the coordination and growth of progressive, efficient and cost-effective information services.
- Oversight of resource planning and scheduling for all projects and staff.
- Review time spent and worklogs on applicable projects for accuracy and completeness.
- Bring in new technologies where suitable to align the development of new software in line with the business needs of the organization.
- Reviews and advises in the adoption of third party software products.
- Reports on the status and progress of projects, and makes recommendations on process improvements to accelerate project delivery.
- Manages the group workload and communicates the status of projects to the business users and senior management, as needed.
- Monitor the performance of all direct reports throughout the year and conduct training sessions as needed.
- Conduct an annual performance evaluation of direct reports.
- Train all direct reports to assure that the appropriate skill sets are being acquired.
- Participates in company meetings and team scrum meetings when needed.
- Assist in the screening of new hires, suggest new hires when demand is needed.
- Acts as a senior escalation point for projects.
- Has the ability to review code Pull Requests as needed.
- Ability to review developer estimates and validate their accuracy.
- The ability and knowledge to deescalate a situation by jumping in and helping a member of your team is a skill that is essential to the Director of Development job role.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- At least ten (10) years of progressively increasing levels of management responsibility and management experience in software development, and information systems support.
- Software development life cycle and best practices in coding with at least ten (10) years of practical work experience.
- At least 7 years of proficiency with object-oriented, server-side programming in C# or VB.NET (PHP/Python is a strong bonus)
- At least 7 years of experience with either MSSQL or MySQL Databases.
- Competent understanding of RESTful services.
- Effective leadership and management principles and practices.
- Clear, professional communication skills including the ability to express technical and non-technical concepts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Well-balanced time-management skills.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience :
- Agile development using the Atlassian Jira toolset
- Understanding of Agile methodologies is a strong bonus.
- Knowledgeable in implementing Responsive Web Design using Foundation or Bootstrap.
- Has experience with SQL performance tuning and managing MS SQL server.
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git and Subversion (SVN)
- Experience with Git Flow, Pull Requests and GitHub/Bitbucket are bonuses.
- Healthcare industry experience is a strong bonus.
- Strong understanding of mobile development (Xamarin Forms is a strong bonus).
- Has experience working with or managing WordPress sites and custom theme development.
- Has experience with managing cloud services such as Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Has some experience managing server architecture.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Weekly Remote Workday
- Unlimited PTO
- No-Contribution Medical and Dental Benefits
- Free Food Fridays
- Quarterly Company-Sponsored Team Events