Director Of Risk Management And Performance Improvement
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Westborough , MA 01581
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital (WBHH) provides psychiatric stabilization and dual diagnosis treatments for Children, Adolescents and Adult populations in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our goal is to ensure patients and their loved ones feel comfortable and are well informed regarding treatment options.
We are conveniently located in Westborough near the intersection of Route 495 and Route 9.
The Director of RM & PI is responsible for the development, planning, coordination and administration of a systematic program designed to reduce risk and injury. Also, responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring of a quality review program.
- Directs the collection, measurement and presentation of data required for monitoring quality indicators.
- Leads and directs all quality management activities for the hospital. This entails management of regulatory compliance and reporting, including Federal, State and local agency accreditation and certifications.
- Develops strategic plans, protocols and policies for improved quality throughout the organization in consultation with peer directors, administration, and other staff.
- Oversees the management of risk, safety, performance improvement, education, incident reporting, and infection control including conducting hazard surveillance tours of the facility.
- Handles Patient Rights issues and conducts investigation of potential violation and quality care concerns; Supervises Patient Advocate and manages the grievance process.
- Collaborates with senior leaders to process and monitor risk management review and investigations; responsible for investigating all issue, trends or risks factors that present potential risk to patients and staff.
- Responsible for ownership of measurable results including HBIPS goals/expectations, patient experience, employee engagement, and quality improvement.
- Evaluates, trends and communicates quality related data and reports; presents results of quality improvement efforts and ongoing performance measures of clinical processes within WBBH to senior leaders timely and accurately.
- Acts as resource expert for departments in areas of quality improvement and risk management.
- Chairs the hospital's Quality Improvement Committee and serves as a member of other hospital committees as required.
- Acts as the hospital's Compliance.
- Monitors compliance with TJC, CMS, DMH, OSHA and other regulatory standards.
- Bachelors degree in a related field required; Master's degree Management or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Knowledge of psychiatric service delivery system and treatment methods, with specific knowledge and skills in areas of risk management, infection control, and utilization review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of continuous Quality Improvement methodology
- Organizational and time management skills
- Skills in data collection, analysis, evaluation and interpretation
- Knowledge of applicable standards and regulations
- Problem solving skills; teaching or training skills.
- CPHQ or CPHRM, or eligibility, preferred.
Eligible employees receive a generous benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage, 401(K) plan, health & dependent Flexible Spending accounts, generous paid time off, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability coverage, and an employee referral bonus plan.