This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Decision Resources Group (DRG) is seeking a Public Relations professional to plan, develop, and execute corporate public relations strategies and will be located in Boston, New York, New Jersey, or remote. Reporting to the Director of Campaign and Segment strategy, this role will responsible for centralizing the public relations function at DRG, which has been de-centralized for an extended period of time. This role will ensure that our public relations activities and corporate communications are clearly defined, and aligned with our business strategies and marketing activity. The Director of Public Relations will help to define and champion PR and corporate communications best practices with DRG cross-functional teams. The Director of Public relations will implement strategies that enforce DRGs position as a leading provider of healthcare data, market intelligence, and custom services in a way that results in increased editorial placements, meaningful industry press relationships, and strengthens corporate brand awareness globally.
Activities performed by this role will include, but are not limited to:
Strategic Communications Planning
- Collaborate with DRG thought leaders and industry experts to identify key industry trends and prioritize organizational focus for showcasing DRG expertise in the market
- Create and execute a global PR, and corporate communications plan to consistently build positive awareness and establish/reinforce brand.
- Partner with Marketing Managers to ensure PR messaging is aligned with marketing messaging
- Partner with DRG thought leaders and industry experts to identify key industry trends that will drive focus for PR efforts
- Monitor, analyze, and report on media coverage, and performance of all PR initiatives
- Develop and manage list of media targets
- Establish and manage relationships with key media contacts, including: pitching, response to media requests, and identification of internal contacts for opportunities
- Manage and execute all parts of the press release lifecycle (including: writing/editing releases; securing internal and customer approvals; coordinating distribution plans)
- Prepare DRG thought leaders, industry experts, and corporate representatives to speak with press and foster alignment around press messaging
Corporate Communications Management
- Communicate/coordinate external corporate news announcements, consistent with business priorities, with cross functional teams including those responsible for social media, events, and marketing.
- Support senior leadership in the preparation of board communications
- Draft select blog posts, and provide editing and guidance for DRG blog authors
- Partner with social media specialist to provide oversight, guiding guide tone and content
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related
- At least 8 years public relations experience
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns for a B2B global organization
- Understanding of, and experience with, pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical technology industries
- Management experience required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and deliver against business objectives
- Detail-oriented, proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Able to work across all levels of the organization, including with senior leadership and spokespeople
- Excellent research skills and resourceful approach
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take ownership of special projects
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions.
With over 1,100 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Please visit us at: http://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Professional 3 / Grade 7