Director Of Public Involvement And Community Engagement
Chicago , IL
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Purpose Brand, an award-winning Chicago public relations, brand and content marketing firm, seeks a dedicated Director of Public Involvement and Community Engagement to support and help build its public involvement and community relations practice. The positions primary function is to help the firms clients that sponsor transportation, infrastructure, and environmental projects work with the communities involved to share information, encourage participation, and incorporate feedback to create environments that work for everyone.
This position is currently remote until deemed safe by management. Continued remote working arrangements may also be an option.
The new Director of Public Involvement and Community Engagement will work to meet two primary goals:
- To help lead the execution of public involvement projects for federal, state and local transportation and environmental projects, beginning with the Environmental Assessment of the Terminal Area Plan at OHare.
- To help build a vibrant public involvement practice for Purpose Brand, creating opportunities for sustainability, engagement and justice in communities across Chicago and the nation.
- Second chair the production of the Environmental Assessment of the Terminal Area Plan at OHare and the related public involvement, which includes:
- Overseeing production of several drafts and a completed version of the 1,000+ page document, distribution of the document to 750+ stakeholders.
- Coordinating public involvement including strategy and messaging; planning and execution of virtual and in-person public meetings and hearings, placement of legal notices, production of videos, exhibits, and handouts; collection of and response to thousands of public and agency comments; and ensuring compliance with federal public engagement laws and regulations.
- Help build the public engagement practice at Purpose Brand, teaming with environmental, transportation, and engineering firms to offer public involvement and other communications services on projects throughout Chicago and the region.
- Coordinate a team of communicators to execute the community engagement/public involvement projects, including writers and editors, graphic artists, production experts, virtual meeting producers, etc.
- Partner with Purpose Brand executive team to scale the business, keeping the values of Purpose Brand at the forefront as the company grows.
Bachelors Degree in a communications field, journalism, public relations, public policy, or other relevant area that demonstrates good writing and thinking skills
- At least 7 years experience in communications, public relations, public policy or related field
- Experience in urban planning, environmental and AEC is a plus
- Strong event and community management skills
- Familiarity with public involvement for major infrastructure or environmental projects
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to organize your work and the work of others
- Keen problem-solving skills
- Experience in event coordination
- Document management skills
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
Full health insurance