Director Of Product
Austin , TX 78701
Posted 4 months ago
Location: Austin, Texas area
About the Job
The Product Director will lead cross-functional and product teams in the pursuit of building great products for our clients. You will need a solid background in product development best practices and team leadership as well as proven ability in the art of building strategic client relationships. You will work across functions, and with our clients to consult on building sound technology platforms and applications that contribute to workforce transformation. You will need to embrace new challenges and cast a strategic vision for our clients ever-changing needs.
In order to lead well, we would like for you to have exceptional relationship management skills and the proven ability to be seen as a trusted advisor and thought leader. You will need to be focused on providing solid growth opportunities for your team, as well as assisting in growing current client relationships.
Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas since 2012, weve been designing world-class digital products, from enterprise mobile applications to best-in-class web apps. Our mission at RevUnit has always been to inspire our product teams to solve real-world problems. We believe that starts with cultivating an exceptional internal culture. RevUnit has a 97% Employee Net Promoter Score, and was named one of the 2016 & 2017 Best Places to Work.
Our commitment to our people and culture helps us to be successful in solving real problems together, such as workforce transformation, or the process of innovating for enterprise employees. Weve built world-class products for for things such as task management and productivity, communication, engagement and gamification, and learning management systems. Through all of our products, we are ultimately building a platform for brands to connect their people with purpose.
RevUnit is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon
- Dedication to direct reports to support and further their functional and personal development
- Ability to build and champion organic client growth plans in partnership with business development
- Proven ability to manage client and team demands while delivering excellent work
- Proven ability to lead the development of strategic product and platform roadmaps
- Ability to support business development processes by contributing to effort estimation
- Strong understanding and/or experience as a product or business analyst
- Willingness to spend time in and out of office hours on learning/training
- 7+ years of experience in leading the development of web and mobile digital products
- Demonstrated evangelism of agile product development methodologies
- Proven experience coordinating cross-functional, agile technology teams
- Strong experience defining and tracking work (Scrum Master activities)
- Leading product discussions and coaching on prioritization for product success
- Maintain utilization percentage goals established by leadership
Leadership & Emotional Intelligence
- Strong emotional intelligence and self awareness
- Servant-leadership mentality and approach
- The ability to form, communicate, and defend your ideas
- Ability to coach, receive, and process feedback
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Approachable and kind-hearted - embody our core values of:
- Do whats right
- Be fearless
- A little better all the time
- Ive got your back, you got mine
- Celebrate the wins
- ScrumMaster, Product Owner, or comparable agile methodology certification or experience
- Lean/Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience
- Other leadership experience with technical teams
- Product management expertise in a technology-focused market, ideally in software and mobile
- Experience in digital strategy and development
- Strong experience using agile methodologies/scrum, best practices and critical tools. Experience leading, teaching and mentoring in agile a plus
- Demonstrated capabilities in being tech-, business- and ux-savvy
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring teams that are cross-functional, and working on multi-faceted projects for extended times
- Experience in client-service settings
- Flexible work/life balance
- Medical Insurance: RevUnit pays 100% of your premium
- Dental Insurance: RevUnit pays 100% of your premium
- Short-term Disability: RevUnit pays 100% of your premium
- Long-term Disability: RevUnit pays 100% of your premium
- Participation in an optional 401k program
- Hackation week at one of our offices (Las Vegas or Bentonville) per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave
- Paid Time Off: Take it as you need it (within reason). We trust you to be responsible!
- Participation in the RevUnit Employee Equity Program
- Two company All Hands meetings per year to focus on growth, development, and strategic company alignment at RevUnit