Director Of People
New York , NY 10001
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Founded in 2014, Octane Lending is a fintech startup with the vision of making consumer financing as painless as cash. Serving the $60B consumer powersports and agricultural vehicle spaces (motorcycle, ATV, tractor, mower etc.), our technology powers transactions in over 2000 dealerships across the country. Less than two years after launch, our platform has generated over $1bn in loan requests and enabled thousands of customers to buy their dream products. We have raised $37M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners and closed $145M in debt capital.
We are looking for an People Professional who can make our company a premier employment destination for the top talent in our industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for building and evolving employee programs, recommending improvements to employee relations policies and making sure that all employee-related policies in each department align with our corporate goals and established regulations. The successful candidate will be charged with reducing employee turnover at our company and attracting top talent to fill open positions. This is a permanent, full-time position and to be located in our NY office.
You will need to wear your generalist hat and be a jack of all traits as it relates to the People function. The role will be broken into a few parts:
- Recruiting- 50
- Operations- 25%
- Business Partner- 25%
A. Recruiting- Finding and supporting talent
- Partnering with our internal Recruiter when needed to support full-cycle recruiting for open roles when at peak volume and speed is an organizational priority. This will include:
- Sourcing, screening and working with managers to develop process to effectively select the best candidates to align with our needs and our culture.
- Collaborating with appropriate stakeholders to on-board recruits creating an experience that will overwhelm with delight
B. Operations- Building
- Support the Head of People and work in partnership to build and evolve the following People Foundation tools to set up for scalability and consistency,
- Aligning recruitment practices with our vision and values and ensuring we are helping managers properly align for cultural fit while simultaneously effectuating a drive to evolve Octanes Diversity and Inclusion practices.
- Building a complete and thorough OnBoarding program that accelerates performance and productivity and creates a feeling of inclusivity.
- Designing, developing a Performance Management process that enable continuous feedback. This would include Manager education and development.
- Assessing Talent to understand risks, retention concerns and spotting those that are out-performing in order to differentiate
- Building a Total Rewards program that leads to greater employee motivation and loyalty. This includes working on compensation structures along with annually assessing benefits to ensure we are providing cutting edge benefits for our industry.
- Establish pathways for consistent governance. This will entail building out policies and process to minimize risk and enhance employee experience.
C. Business Partner- Supporting Managers on People functions
- Aligning business objectives with employees and management
- Serves as a consultant to management on people-related issues.
- Acts as an employee champion and change agent as the Octane evolves.
- Assesses and anticipates People-related need and works with People team to design and develop solutions.
- Thinks through stakeholder communication prior to roll-out of initiatives
- Maintains an effective level of literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition
- Develops trusting relationship with managers and leaders and critical stakeholders.
- Works toward fostering an environment of collaboration, trust, curiosity and one of assuming positive intent.
- Assists internal recruiter in all facets of recruiting during peak recruiting periods.
- Onboards new hires effectively in collaboration with various functions -- IT, Finance, Office Management, and other People team members.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective stakeholders and maintains constant and effective communication.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations if and when needed.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management when needed (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Partners with Chief People Officer to build the People infrastructure by assessing readiness and ensuring effective communications channels are deployed through all processes.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides People policy guidance and interpretation
- 5 -15 years of experience in a similar role within a progressive People department
- Proven record of developing strong relationships and having the ability to challenge a wide range of stakeholders within the organization
- Resilient, flexible, and able to cope well with change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate within an international / multidisciplinary team and with people from different backgrounds
- Good judgment skills to act as a trustworthy advisor for the organization
- You have a flexible attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- You wish to make a change and work within a positive team with a great sense of humor
- You believe in our values and act with cultural sensitivity
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks