Director Of Operations (Ny)
Excellence Community Schools
Bronx , NY 10462
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The Director of Operations reports to both the Chief Operating Officer and the Regional Director of School Operations and is responsible for Administration, Facilities Management, and Technology.
- Acting as an integral member of a small senior management team, with the purpose of sustaining and determining the organizations goals and growth.
- All internal and external financial reporting; budget development, implementation and oversight; management of government contracts.
- Overseeing the payments of bills, accounting for expenditures, purchasing and receipt of goods.
- Oversee risk management, legal, and compliance activities related to charter.
- Oversight and implementation of human resource policies, payroll and benefits.
- Supervision of administrative staff ensuring smooth daily procedures and meticulous record keeping.
- Facility management ensuring that the building and equipment is well maintained and repaired and adequately staffed to provide for a safe and clean environment for the students and staff.
- Responsible for securing and supervising all related contracted services for the space and equipment.
- Identify, sustain, and monitor progress towards the organization's annual operational goals and growth.
- Support the network in codifying systems, policies, and practices for smooth replication and compliance.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams on a variety of network initiatives that include supporting replication processes, and building enrollment streams and human capital.
- Support the COO, Principal, and network leadership in securing and managing real estate options throughout network expansion.
- Support for strategic planning for future growth and expansion.
- Evaluate current practices, streamline our processes, and codify those which are replicable to maximize resources and serve in the best interests of the families we serve.
- Manage and monitor our systems for generating enrollment streams, human capital, policies, and real estate.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of data compilation, analysis, and reporting for the campuses and network.
- Support the establishment of a blueprint of our systems for sustained success in replication.
- Supports data compilation, customized reports, and analysis for school, network, state, and federal reporting.
- Ensure data accuracy for audits and reporting.
- Manages a team of operational staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably managing the Finance & Administration of a non-profit organization.
- The following experience and attributes are preferred:
- Advanced degree in Business, Management, or Finance.
- Excellent people skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in Financial Management and Accounting, ideally in the non-profit sector.
- Experience should include Legal, Audit, Compliance, Budget, and Facility Management.
- Familiarity with relevant non-profit regulations, insurance and liability issues, compliance, etc.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to develop and implement new processes and systems that increas learning and efficiency.
- Flexible and a self-starter able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a committment to the mission of the organization.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision benefits, & 403b available.
- Performance based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.