ISCs team of Food and Beverage Recruiters is partnering with a national fresh produce company to identify an experienced and innovative Director of Operations for their Fresh-Cut Division.Location is flexible with remote work available.The Director of Operations will be responsible for providing leadership to the fresh-cut operations. The right candidate will have experience with management, KPIs, food safety, maintenance, production, logistics, and sales. Exceptional culture with warm and caring leadership!
Director of Operations Do you have the following?
Minimum of 5 years of experience in food production
Produce/Fresh-Cut experience preferred
Intellectual elasticity ability to lead and manage within a complex environment
Experience in managing capital expenditures
Open to regular travel throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico
Bi-lingual Spanish/English a plus
Director of Operations If you qualify for this opportunity, the company offers:
Base salary of $150,000 or more based on experience and salary history
Generous annual bonus tied to overall company performance
VIEW JOBS7/14/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-10-12T00:00Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description.
About the Unit
The Volchenboum Lab is dedicated to improving pediatric cancer research, care, and outcomes. The Lab is a rapidly growing team of experts in medicine, clinical research, data standards, data infrastructure and programming, data governance, and international data sharing. Headquartered in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Chicago, the Volchenboum Lab works to connect and share disparate data sets in order to alter longstanding pediatric cancer research paradigms and envision new research questions that will drive cures. With their signature project, the Pediatric Cancer Data Commons (PCDC), the Lab is in the process of uniting clinical data from across five continents for almost all types of pediatric cancer. The PCDC currently houses the world's largest sets of clinical data for pediatric neuroblastoma, soft tissue sarcoma, and germ cell tumors. The Volchenboum Lab also leverages their expertise in data standards and infrastructure as part of nationwide efforts to make cancer data more accessible and impactful. This at-will position is partially funded by contractual grant funding which is renewed under provisions set by the grantor of the contract. Employment will be contingent upon the continued receipt of these grant funds and satisfactory job performance.
Administration & Management
Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and managing daily operations individual organization units, clinical research facilities, centers or academic departments. Responsibilities are diverse and general in nature and may reflect more than one functional area.
Career Track and Job Level
Manages the daily operations of an organizational unit within the University, primarily in the areas of financial, events, and support services management. May assist in developing and executing University's business plan. Develops and implements office procedures and policies and ensures compliance. Note that the M4 job level is restricted for Associate Deans (Chief of Staff for administrative units) and will reflect a direct reporting relationship into the Dean or Officer (limit one per unit). Business Administrators who report to the Deputy Dean or an AVP will either be aligned with the M3 job level, M2 job level, or transitioned into their respective functional area (i.e. IT, Communications).
M2: Manages professional employees and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
The job manages a team of professional staff within the University, primarily in the areas of financial, events, and support services management. Ensures compliance to the University's business plan by developing and implementing office procedures and policies.
1) Manages the daily operations of an organizational unit or assists with managing the daily operations of a larger organizational unit, primarily in the areas of financial, purchasing, grant, facilities, human resources and support services management. Ensures compliance of staff with organizational, University and other relevant policies and guidelines., 2) Manages all financial activities, including financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, accounting, accounts receivable/payable, and procurement. Oversees facilities management, including renovations, moves, maintenance and ongoing facilities operations. Manages development of all contracts, including those with vendors and other institutions., 3) May oversee the management of informational technology planning, ensuring necessary operating and information systems and resources are in place to accomplish strategic goals. Conceives and directs special projects related to the business of the organizational unit., 4) Manages space, facilities, and equipment, including renovations, moves, maintenance and ongoing facilities operations., 5) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Accountable for the day-to-day operations and administration of the PCDC, including oversight of programs and staff; management of government contracts; and communication plan development. Incumbent will also be responsible for mentorship of student workers.
2) Develop proposals and budgets for foundation and governmental grants and contract opportunities that align with PCDC's mission and vision.
3) Partner with research administration staff to ensure that program pre-award functions occur in a timely and accurate manner, including budget preparation, work plan preparation, budget revisions, and timely completion of all required grant documentation
4) Partner with research administration staff to ensure that program post-award functions occur in a timely and accurate manner including monitoring grant spending, management of program master budget, ensuring allowable expenses are purchased through appropriate procurement methods, and ensuring documentation requirements for expenditures are met.
5) Serves as the primary program liaison to the section and departmental administration related to the program's human resource needs. This includes monitoring the timely submission of all job postings, ensuring interview processes occur in a timely fashion that adheres to institutional guidelines, oversees the performance evaluation process for the program, ensures all staff in supervisory roles are equipped to effectively manage direct reports, and is accountable for other human resource functions that arise as needed.
6) Represents PCDC in meetings of internal and external stakeholders, current or potential funders, and collaborators on PCDC programs and projects.
7) Project planning for projects involving international collaborators.
8) Partner with PCDC leadership to evaluate projects on an ongoing basis and develop a program-wide quality improvement plan with measurable program, team, and individual metrics.
1) Knowledge of project management concepts and best practices. These include at a minimum, resources allocation, budget and schedule management, and reporting conventions to project leadership.
2) Broad familiarity with numerous information technology disciplines
3) Excellent supervisory and staff management skills
4) Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
5) Outstanding leadership skills, including the ability to bring differing factions together to reach decisions in a timely manner in large-scale, fast-moving projects
7) Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality while handling sensitive situations
8) Ability to facilitate technical discussions, as well as the ability to synthesize, summarize and generate insight from large amounts of complex data and information
9) Ability to problem-solve
10) Ability to prioritize multiple tasks independently
11) High level of proficiency with time management
12) Knowledge of medical research (esp. oncology) and clinical data
1) Ability to work in a high-stress environment and handle high-pressure situations
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Bachelor's degree
2) Advanced degree (e.g. MPH, MSc, Ph.D, MBA)
1) Previous experience working on cancer-related projects, preferably pediatric cancer
2) Previous experience with aspects of data governance
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
University Of ChicagoChicagoIL
VIEW JOBS3/4/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-06-02T00:00<p><a href="http://www.kinhr.com" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" class="external">Kin</a>, a fully remote company that builds workplace software, is looking for a director of operations to manage our people and business initiatives. The person in this role will be reporting directly to our founder/CEO and joining our management team, along with our director of engineering and respective business leads. </p> <p>This role is a people-focused one above all else - our team is what makes our business successful, and we’ve worked hard to build a company that prioritizes the whole person and organizational transparency above relentlessness and profits. As such, this person’s number one mission is to support our team members individually through a period of stable growth.</p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p>The primary responsibilities for this role are as follows: </p><ul> <li>Keep our team aligned via regular feedback, reviews, and road block clearing. </li> <li>Manage the hiring, onboarding, and offboarding of employees.</li> <li>Oversee financial operations of the business, working with our CPA and bookkeeper to ensure compliance and accuracy. </li> </ul> <p>A typical week for our director of operations might look like this:</p><ul> <li>Meet with our founder/CEO to discuss our company’s vision and stay aligned with any financial or personnel updates. </li> <li>Check in with 4-5 team members to ensure they’re aligned and to help solve challenges they have with projects, coworkers, or clients. </li> <li>Document a new or evolved process or procedure in our company’s wiki (we use Notion). </li> <li>Meet with our CPA to understand previous month’s performance and ensure financial projections are accurate and up to date. </li> <li>Ensure payroll information is accurate each pay cycle before our bookkeeper runs it. </li> <li>Prepare a manager for an upcoming annual review with a direct report, ensuring that they have everything they need to ask questions that create meaningful dialogue.</li> <li>Set up our Kin account for a new hire with the correct onboarding paperwork and confirming everything has been received and signed before they begin.</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><ul> <li>18 paid days off in the first year (prorated from your start date)</li> <li>Paid holidays, including winter break from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day</li> <li>Simple IRA with up to 3% employer match</li> <li>Medical, dental and vision insurance</li> <li>$2,000 annual personal development budget to be used on conferences, classes, books, etc.</li> <li>Fully paid annual company retreat to a fun US city to connect with colleagues, plan for the future of Kin and explore the city</li> </ul><p><br></p><p>Note: This is a fully remote, full-time position with a schedule of Monday-Friday, 9-5 pm CT. While this position is remote, we require that you live in the United States and that you are a U.S. citizen and/or are a permanent resident with all necessary visa and work permissions.</p> <p>Please no inquiries from recruiters or headhunters</p>KinChicagoIL
VIEW JOBS2/22/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-05-22T00:00Benchmark's company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The David Rubenstein Forum seeks to meet the need for a University-wide facility for scholarly and academic discourse on campus. The venue will support and promote inquiry, the open exchange of ideas, and the power of academic, interdisciplinary convening.
The Forum will be located on the site at East 60th Street between Woodlawn Avenue and Kimbark Avenue. It will serve as a place where scholars can gather and exchange ideas through activities that range from talks and workshops to multi-day conferences that span academic disciplines. The facility will provide spaces and amenities that are not currently available on campus, including highly collaborative, well-appointed meeting and event rooms commensurate with the types of conferences, special events, workshops, and meetings that University faculty and academic departments host. The project has a sustainable design target of LEED Silver.
Seeking qualified, experienced Director of Operations to oversee the operation of a university convening center. He/she will provide the strategic leadership required to achieve the fiduciary and quality goals of guests, owners, stakeholders and employees and oversee the day-to-day operation of the center.
The Director of Operations will ensure the effective and efficient operation of all facets while continuously improving on the current model and be responsible for managing in a manner consistent with the mission, operating philosophy, standards and values of the property owners and Benchmark, the managing entity.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
* FB/Operations experience with at least three years director experience or 5 years assistant director experience of a Four-Five Diamond conference center, hotel or resort.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Proven supervision of staff, project management, and daily operational process/procedures required.
* Ensure service and product standards are maintained to the Service Level Agreements of the property owner.
* Decision-making and policy formulation for the F&B and Conference Services divisions.
* Devise and implement programs to increase customer quality and service.
* Develop and implement yearly budget and 30-60-90-day forecast.
* Review and maintain guest satisfaction feedback and scores. Follow up on guest comments.
* Maintain effective staffing and cost controls.
* Establish and implement realistic and effective operating and capital budgets and forecasts and compares actual operating results with budgeted projections; facilitates operational profitability through proper anticipation and adjustment of property operations.
* Participates in civic affairs to become familiar with the community.
* Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policies.
* Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximum employee morale and productivity.
* Reasonable and accommodating tasks as required by your direct supervisor.
* Collaboration and supervision of the Culinary Team along with FOH service
* Ensure a safe and secure environment for all guests and team members.
* Document, track, and follow up on daily process and protocol procedural flows as required by Management.