Director Of Nursing
Oshkosh , WI 54901
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Director of Nursing needs to possess an ability to multitask and effectively lead a team of medical professionals.
Director of Nursing plans, directs, and coordinates resident care activities to maintain standards of residents' care, and advises medical staff, department heads, and administrators in matters related to nursing service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
This position reports to the Administrator, and reporting to this position are the Assistant Director of Nursing, Nurse Leads, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Unit Clerks.
- Compliments the Administrator in planning, developing, and supervising the activities of licensed and non-licensed personnel who provide healthcare and nursing services to residents of Bethel Home.
- Develops and implements nursing services, objectives, and policies and procedures in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Has a shared responsibility for selecting Nursing Department staff, completing employee evaluations, and resolving problems involving employee disciplinary action.
- Shares responsibility for backing up RN staff on a 24-hour per day, 7 day per week basis.
- May confer with residents physicians on an occasional basis to clarify medical orders and direct care.
- Recommends establishment or revision of policies, procedures, and methods and develops organizational structure and standards of performance.
- Advises and assists Administrator, and medical staff in planning and developing administrative and operational policies and procedures, facilities use and planning, and strategic planning.
- Coordinates implementation of methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Coordinates, integrates, and evaluates functions and activities of nursing program.
- Consults with Administrator, department heads, and others to coordinate nursing activities with other Bethel Home activities.
- Interprets policies and objectives of nursing service to staff and community groups.
- Analyzes and evaluates overall resident care program.
- Confers with nurse leaders and staff concerning problems of resident care.
- Develops and promotes cooperative working relationships with other hospitals and community agencies, and with other departments.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates nursing systems that ensure consistent delivery of care and maintains and promotes resident rights.
- Conducts nursing rounds on all units several times per day, including the beginning and end of shift.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates facility policies, procedures and guidelines on an annual and ongoing basis (i.e., nursing, pharmacy, lab, physicians, medical records, etc.)
- Ensures that residents are free from abuse, mistreatment, and neglect.
- Ensures nursing staff awareness and compliance with Federal and State regulation relative to resident rights issues.
- Assists the Administrator in the development and implementation of the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor's of Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing with current Wisconsin licensure as an RN and four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in long term care supervisory role preferred.
- Must complete ANNC certification within 90 days of acceptance of position and maintain membership and certification.
- Must maintain wound care certification.
- Must complete any training required by CMS to serve as infection control consultant of Bethel Home, Inc.
Employees are shown appreciation with comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance at amazing rates. The company 401(k) plan also helps prepare for retirement, and paid time off allows for a solid work-life balance.