Orthopedics is responsible for the administration, planning, organizing, control and overall general management of all hospital based orthopedic services. Accountable for the overall administration and coordination of the Orthopedic Service Line. Coordination involves planning and directing functions associated with the business, financial, and clinical activities including but not limited to: volume growth drivers, regulatory compliance, purchasing and inventory, marketing, operational/quality performance and monitoring, physician and hospital team member education, potential new program development opportunities, certification as indicated. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, and operational functions. Develops and implements an operational and capital budget from departments under his/her direction, working within established budgetary guidelines. Provides leadership in the clinical advancements of the department and oversees the educational opportunities offered within the department insuring continuous professional growth in self and subordinates. Must be able to work under deadlines and utilize independent decision making skills in a wide variety of situations. Requires a high degree of accuracy in the performance of varied responsibilities. Frequent contact with employees, physicians, customers, community individuals and volunteers. Experience: 3-5 years progressively responsible management experience. 5 years experience in discipline or specialty. 5-7 years of acute care nursing experience. Specialty or Administration certification desired. Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Master's Degree in Nursing or other related healthcare preferred. Certifications / Licensure: Current State Registered Nurse (RN) License Basic Life Support (BLS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Special
Skills: Proven relationship builder with unsurpassed interpersonal skills. Experience and knowledge of management theory/styles of health care services Strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks Computer skills Great opportunity for a Manager or smaller Hospital Director! Please send Resume to for additional information about this position. The Clinical Recruiter, a nation-wide healthcare placement firm, was founded with the goal of bringing qualified healthcare professionals together in order to create an optimal atmosphere for great patient care. Please visit our website for additional information at If you would like to learn more about this opening, please contact me at your earliest convenience. If this is not something you are interested in, but you know of someone who would be a good fit, I would appreciate the referral. Thanks! Chris Monroe, MBA, CPC Direct Dial 615- 547-2432 Toll Free ext. 101 Fax: SEARCH JOBS Keywords: Orthopedics, Orthopaedics, Critical Care, Neuro, Neurology, Spine, Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Director of Nursing, Nurse Manager, Nurse Director, Nurse Supervisor, RN Director, RN Manager, Orthopedic Nurse, Director of Orthopedics, Director of Critical Care, Orthopedic Administrator
VIEW JOBS11/1/2018 6:42:42 PM2019-01-30T18:42<p>Plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the facility&rsquo;s nursing department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, as may be directed by the Administrator, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.</p>
<p><strong>ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:</strong></p>
<li>Responsible for the planning, organizing, direction, supervision, and evaluation of all the nursing services provided in the facility</li>
<li>Ensures nursing department compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and implementation of nursing programs</li>
<li>Ensures maintenance of records and reports concerning resident care</li>
<li>Ensures the orientation and training of nursing services personnel</li>
<li>Manages the Nursing Services department within the budget</li>
<li>Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing department</li>
<li>Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator as required concerning the operation of the nursing department</li>
<li>Provide the Administrator with information relative to the nursing needs of the resident and the nursing service department&rsquo;s ability to meet those needs</li>
<li>Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents&rsquo; total regimen of care</li>
<li>Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary</li>
<li>Monitor the facility&rsquo;s survey reports and assist in developing plans of action to correct potential or identified problem areas</li>
<li>Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility as appointed by the Administrator</li>
<li>Determine the staffing needs of the nursing department necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the residents</li>
<li>Responsible for, in conjunction with Human Resources, the recruitment and selection of nursing service personnel</li>
<li>Ensure development of work assignments and schedule duty hours of nursing service personnel</li>
<li>Perform other duties as assigned</li>
<p><strong>EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:</strong></p>
<p>Registered Nurse License required with a minimum of 2&nbsp;years related experience. Bachelor&rsquo;s Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be organized and have the ability to communicate effectively with residents, their families, medical personnel, and facility staff in a confidential and professional manner.</p>
All About RecruitsSan AntonioTX
VIEW JOBS11/13/2018 4:01:06 AM2019-02-11T04:01<br><table cellpadding="4" style="width: 100%;"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1">Our client??is one of the most technologically advanced orthopedic hospitals in San Antonio.that is solely focused on providing musculoskeletal care, which provides their clinicians an environment to explore new innovative technology and surgical techniques, utilize specialized operating and treatment rooms, and advance the field of orthopedic research.??<br> <br> The hospital offers patient-centered orthopedic care that address the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system, including joint replacement and arthritis, sports medicine injuries, arthroscopic surgery, spine treatment, and care and surgery of the shoulder, elbow, hand, wrist, knee, foot and ankle.??<br> ??<br> The Director of Nursing is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and managing resources for a 30 Bed inpatient Orthopedic Unit. The unit is part of a new Orthopedic Hospital and patient rooms are luxurious.?? The ideal candidate will oversee approx 50 FTE. Nurse to patient ratio is 1:5.<br> ??<br> MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Nursing<br> MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years of Director of Med/Surg or Ortho experience??<br> ??<br> ??</td></tr></tbody></table>E-Health JobsSan AntonioTX
VIEW JOBS11/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-09T00:00Overview
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
* Competitive compensation
* Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
* Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
* Life insurance
* 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
* Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* Legal Insurance
* Roadside Assistance
* Affinity Program
The RN Team Manager is the leader of the Patient Care Team and that member of the team whose function is to: supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary team; assure continuity of care from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement; serve as patient advocate and coordinator for other social service and health care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team's patients; assume responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
Patient Care Services
* Directs all patient care services for the team, including volunteer and bereavement, and ensures that services are rendered as integrated components of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
* Reviews information on all pending patient admissions, all new admissions (assessments and history) and "alive" discharges to assure that eligibility and appropriateness criteria are met.
* Collaborates with both the team physician and the attending physician regarding palliative care measures for pain and symptom management.
* Assures complete and accurate data and documentation are available to make recertification decisions and further assures that those decisions are made on a timely basis.
* Reviews all imminent "alive" discharges to assure effective discharge planning.
* Monitors the type and level of team services provided (staffing, medications, HME, supplies, level of care changes to inpatient and continuous care, etc.) to assure that they are appropriate and responsive to patient/family needs and expectations.
* Manages the team schedule and assures coordination of services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all patients on the team.
* Facilitates team meeting, assuring interdisciplinary input into the update and revision of the plan of care in concert with the changing needs and expectations of the patient and family.
* Participates in on-call rotation.
Staff Supervision and Management
* Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates and dismisses team staff in conjunction with the Patient Care Administrator
* Assures staff competence and performance levels through making field visits, evaluating documentation and providing team based in services on Vitas values, hospice principles and practices and specific team growth needs.
* Acts as a resource and mentor for staff re clinical issues, documentation, inter- and intra- team problem solving and appropriate customer service behavior
* Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed equitably and that all staff are able to meet overall productivity expectations.
* Reviews and approves payroll, assuring that employees have documented accurate time, mileage and additional expenses.
Quality Improvement/Regulatory Compliance
* Monitors clinical records and all team activities to ensure that they are accurate, complete and meet required standards in accordance with VITAS policy and all regulatory bodies.
* Develops and implements performance improvement activities to respond to service issues and challenges and participates from time to time in program relating to quality and service improvement.
* Ensures that team completes proactive and other patient/family satisfaction surveys, and implements Quality Improvement measures and standards.
* Assists with surveys and requests from regulatory bodies and intermediaries as directed by local program.
* Performs substantive chart reviews to assure there is evidence that quality care is being delivered.
* Participates in the Outcomes Management and annual program review.
* Performs utilization review of continuous care and inpatient levels of care for all patients on team.
* Assures that problems/grievances/service failures experienced by individual patients/families or physicians/MCOs are addressed with team members, vendors, other VITAS departments, and are resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
* Analyzes customer service issues on team to identify causes and works with individual team members as well as entire team to improve performance.
* Personally speaks with patients/families and their attending physicians when patient is considering revocation to seek satisfactory solutions to avoid unnecessary revocation.
* Regularly visits LTC and Contract Bed facilities to assure care plan integration, customer satisfaction and to discuss criteria for determining appropriateness.
* Participates in providing inservices to customers along with other team members, Patient Care Administrators and other program staff.
* Participates in professional, voluntary or community service organizations
* Verifies/approves admitting IPOC diagnosis, treatments, staffing and supplies.
* Monitors utilization of resources by every patient to assure cost effective delivery of services.
* Controls and is accountable for productivity, labor and all related patient care costs with respect to budget.
* Approves all bills/invoices related to patient care services
* Attends inservices, educational seminars and workshops.
* Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives.
* Participates as a mentor of newly hired Team Managers.
Full-time Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM with on call rotation.
* Reliable transportation with appropriate license and insurance coverage for driver and passengers.
* Private telephone in home.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic nursing and palliative care.
* Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
* Working knowledge of VITAS information system (Vx) and the ability to utilize management reports.
* Two years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Current and valid RN License to praVitas HealthcareSan AntonioTX