Director Of Nursing (Don)(Rn) - Sombrillo Nursing & Rehabilitation
Los Alamos Retirement Community
Los Alamos , NM 87544
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Los Alamos Retirement Community is proud to announce an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and qualified Registered Nurse to serve as Director of Nursing (DON) of Sombrillo Nursing & Rehabilitation, a newly renovated skilled nursing facility that is an integral part of our senior living campus. Surrounded by the beautiful Jemez Mountains, this campus has been providing exceptional skilled rehabilitation, assisted living, and long-term care services to the heart of Northern New Mexico for over 30 years.
The primary purpose of the DON is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern skilled nursing and long-term care facilities
- Responsible for staffing development goals as facility census reaches capacity
- Maintain written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department
- Develop and implement a nursing service organization structure.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to enhance the continuity of the residents total regimen of care.
- Actively participate in an ongoing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Program for the nursing service department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of an ongoing risk management program for the nursing service department
- Monitoring of resident care and services to achieve quality outcomes and high customer satisfaction
- Monitor and evaluate programs to promote the recruitment, retention, career development and continuing education of staff
Duties & Requirements:
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of New Mexico
- Proven prior experience in a leadership or management role, preferably in a sub-acute setting
- Track record of integrity and performance and an in-depth knowledge of the LTC industry (customer & employee satisfaction; regulatory & clinical compliance)
- Ability to embrace the standards, values, and beliefs of the organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Office, and Power Point. Experience with Matrix a plus.
- Must exhibit sound judgment, patience, and compassion
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with residents, family members, staff members and stakeholders
- Approach skilled nursing and long-term care services with a resident-centered model
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health benefits and voluntary benefits
- Direct patient care without time restrictions to build patient relationships in a small, home-like environment
- Continuing education opportunities
- Paid time off