Director Of Nursing (Don) (Rn) - Skilled Nursing Facility
Sierra Health Care, Inc.
Truth or Consequences , NM 87901
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Sierra Health Care is proud to announce an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and qualified RN with proven long-term care management experience to serve as Director of Nursing of our newly renovated skilled nursing facility. Sierra Health Care Center, a 94 bed facility, is an integral part of our senior living campus in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. Located near beautiful Elephant Butte Lake, Sierra Health Care has been providing exceptional skilled rehabilitation,long-term care, assisted living, home health and hospice services to the heart of southern New Mexico for over 35 years.
The primary purpose of the DON is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility.
Duties & Requirements:
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the State of New Mexico or Compact Texas license
- Proven prior management experience in a skilled nursing facility or sub-acute setting
- Track record of integrity and performance and an in-depth knowledge of the LTC industry (customer & employee satisfaction; regulatory & clinical compliance)
- Ability to embrace the standards, values, and beliefs of the organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Office, and Power Point
- Must exhibit sound judgment, patience, and compassion
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with residents, family members, staff members and stakeholders
- Approach skilled nursing and long-term care services with a resident-centered model
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern nursing care facilities
- Responsible for staffing development goals as facility census reaches capacity
- Maintain written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department
- Develop and implement a nursing service organization structure.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to enhance the continuity of the residents total regimen of care.
- Actively participate in an ongoing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Program for the nursing service department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
- Assist the Administrator in the development, implementation and maintenance of an ongoing risk management program for the nursing service department
- Monitoring of resident care and services to achieve quality outcomes and high customer satisfaction
- Monitor and evaluate programs to promote the recruitment, retention, career development and continuing education of staff
Benefits & Allowances:
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Excellent health benefits
Join a team that is redefining the next generation of assisted living, skilled nursing and long term care services!